What’s going to be revealed on 1-6-2023?

OfTheSeasCruiser

They are currently hosting a cruise for their 100 top selling agents this week (along with other sailors), but lots of special activities, etc. for the top 100 and their +1.  I imagine that the announcement has been timed to correlate with that.

• Like 1

The song is Karma Chameleon played on a ukulele. So money on the route for the next and final ships including Polynesian islands. Also makes sense then to not be cannibalising markets with two of there own ships in the same base / area at the same time for much of the year. 

Best wishes

Rob

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lustate said:

The song is Karma Chameleon played on a ukulele. So money on the route for the next and final ships including Polynesian islands. Also makes sense then to not be cannibalising markets with two of there own ships in the same base / area at the same time for much of the year. 

Had a look through the ship locations and i think its going to be announcing Brilliant Lady for August to December 2023 will be on the west coast of the USA with extended runs to Hawaii. 🙂 Home port.... Long Beach. 🙂 

All a guess but lets see hey.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Lustate said:

Had a look through the ship locations and i think its going to be announcing Brilliant Lady for August to December 2023 will be on the west coast of the USA with extended runs to Hawaii. 🙂 Home port.... Long Beach. 🙂 

All a guess but let’s see hey.

I didn’t realize Brilliant was unaccounted for between Aug-Dec 2023. Is there reason to believe she’s going to debut before her first scheduled sailing in December?

Also, Brilliant is the only ship without summer 2024 itineraries right now. But she has a TA putting her in Lisbon on May 1, 2024, which doesn’t really fit with the ukulele. 

Or maybe this has nothing to do with ship deployments at all!

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

I didn’t realize Brilliant was unaccounted for between Aug-Dec 2023. Is there reason to believe she’s going to debut before her first scheduled sailing in December?

From a company risk approach, would you want a brand new ship, taking its first paying sailors to board on Christmas Eve and risk any teething issues on Christmas day? I would avoid it as much as possible, keep the Miami Mermaiden, but also add in another few voyages in advance with another route. Thats me with my operations and risk mitigation hat on anyway lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lustate said:

From a company risk approach, would you want a brand new ship, taking its first paying sailors to board on Christmas Eve and risk any teething issues on Christmas day? I would avoid it as much as possible, keep the Miami Mermaiden, but also add in another few voyages in advance with another route. Thats me with my operations and risk mitigation hat on anyway lol 

I agree, yes. 

But will the ship be ready before then?

10 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

I agree, yes. 

But will the ship be ready before then?

So the time between "float out" and "delivery" seems to be 8-10 months for ships if in schedule. For example Valiant it was 11 with push backs. With the float out of Resilient being July 21, and delivery was due Aug 22, but wash pushed back to 2023 due to delays with pandemic impacts. Brilliant Lady floated out in November 22 so in theory fit out and delivery could be any time from August to November 23. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ulsteinvik said:

It seems that Brilliant Lady will spend her summer season 2024 in Northern Europe. There are a lot of calls in Reykjavik and Zeebrugge for her.

It does currently looked scheduled that way. I could see them re-scheduling/re-routing some ships as their current itineraries are becoming stale. Either way, excited for the news tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Ulsteinvik said:

It seems that Brilliant Lady will spend her summer season 2024 in Northern Europe. There are a lot of calls in Reykjavik and Zeebrugge for her.

Hmm. This might be a stretch, but Karma Chameleon was written by Culture Club, which was formed in London. Maybe Brilliant is headed to London. Either way, I hope they reveal itineraries soon because I'm planning to book a summer 2024 Europe sailing soon.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lustate said:

All a guess but lets see hey.

crossing my fingers.  i would basically live on VV if they sailed out of LA/LB/SD.  and would fully take advantage of whatever CA resident/last minute offers they had.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ulsteinvik said:

Do the calls suggest a pattern/length of itineraries? I found the Zeebrugge calls which seem infrequent, but I couldn’t find the Reykjavik calls online.

16 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Do the calls suggest a pattern/length of itineraries? I found the Zeebrugge calls which seem infrequent, but I couldn’t find the Reykjavik calls online.

07 July - 09 July 2024

28 July 2024

18 August - 20 August 2024