Ladies - Your favorite spa treatment....?

WoodstockGirl

Am soon to sail on the Enchanted.

What is your favorite spa treatment? Is it very expensive --- (and is there a way to get a discount besides booking on embarkation day?) I guess I'm thinking about the world of massages, but will take any recommendation.

WG

During your cruise, and specifically on port days, the spa will offer different discounts on spa treatments including massages.  Just go to the spa and ask.  You can’t get discounts precruise.  Is it expensive?  In my opinion, yes it is and during your treatment, there is a never ending dialogue on how you should purchase their extremely over priced products.  You need to tell them upfront “No sales”.  

• Like 3

On Enchanted last month I received a flyer offering a very attractive price for a "taster" type service (foot, hand, scalp, that sort of thing), including "back and shoulder" massage. It was, according to the flyer, attached to my loyalty level. 

Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be all that was advertised, but with a wonderful full body massage, instead of just my stiff shoulders.

I was thinking, -"here comes an argument at check out time", but enjoyed it anyway.  

No price argument, no upsell, no hard product sell, and without asking, she told me I could do it all again, same price, before I went home. 

Therapist was Ruvy, and as @Lady Arwen says, just ask if there are going to be any specials once you are on board.  Then ask again in a day or so. They really would prefer to be working rather than standing around. 

ETA: I have learned over the years that the key to NOT getting any product sales, is to NOT check anything off on the complaint list.  Telling them you have stress, headaches,  and crow's feet is only asking for them to offer to solve the issues.  

Edited by EatonDoolittle
  • Like 5

I usually like to get a manicure or pedicure (or both) at the start of the cruise. It’s one less thing to get done before going. I’ve usually been happy with it and one time when I wasn’t they happily redid it. I’ve never had attempts to sell me anything other than a comment that my skin was a little dry (hello, I’m not in my 20’s!) and they have good moisturizers. I just said I have lots and just need to remember to use it, lol. Generally not attempts though. Maybe they pick up on my vibe, not sure.

• Like 2

My absolute favorite body treatment is the lime and ginger salt scrub, is it usually combined with a full body standard massage.  I get it every time I'm on a Princess ship.  I agree to ask about specials for your cruise on board.  If it's longer than a week there is usually a buy 3 and your get 10% off the first one, 20% off the next and 30% off the 3rd.  You need to confirm which treatments are eligible for which discount.  For example going to the hair salon doesn't count.

I absolutely agree with EatonDolittle's advice above.  check nothing off their pretreatment questionnaire in terms your areas of "concern".  I also always get a facial.  I really do like the Elemis products and have pretty much converted to using those at home.

As to the prices, I do try and take advantage of the port day specials, but over all the prices aren't any higher then what I'd have to pay at home.  Plus the convenience  - who really wants to have to drive home after a lovely massage when you could be lounging on a sun bed or on your balcony instead?

• Like 4

On 1/5/2023 at 2:34 PM, cruisecrazy82 said:

I love the seaweed wraps at the spa.  Are they expensive? Absolutely in my opinion, but well worth it at the same time   

Just curious, what do the seaweed wraps do for you?  are they usually bundled with a massage?

1 hour ago, miagirl said:

Just curious, what do the seaweed wraps do for you?  are they usually bundled with a massage?

Not sure they really do anything for me other than occupy my mind in a relaxing way. I have a very hard time just shutting my brain off and chilling out, this treatment is a process that relaxes me by giving me something to focus my brain on but in a calming manner if that makes any sense 🙈 I’m not a massage kind of girl and usually decline the scalp massage they include because it makes too much extra noise in my head haha!

Edited by cruisecrazy82

2 hours ago, FLAlaska said:

Can anyone recommend a massage that is stronger than a simple relaxing swedish massage but not as strong as the deep tissue?  I will be on the Sky, if it matters.

I think you should just tell your masseuse how deep a massage you want/like.  They aim to please.

We found the spa extremely expensive compared to UK prices. Our sailing last year was from Southampton, so a large percentage of the passengers were from the UK. The spa was very underused, with the staff standing around most of the day trying to entice customers. We pay about $65 for a 60min deep tissue massage locally.