Celebration- Aft extended Balcony Cabin

wardwhitty

Hello,

We are sailing on the Celebration and have cabin 12517, which is an aft facing extended handicap balcony.  I have never stayed in this type of cabin.  Has anyone had experience with this cabin type?  I believe the comparable room on the Mardi Gras would be 12505.  

We were in an aft-facing extended balcony on the Mardi Gras, deck 10. The size of the balcony was fantastic and we loved the view. What we didn't like was the complete lack of breeze, zero shade, and oppressive heat. It was impossible to sit on the balcony during the day without feeling like we were going to burst into flames.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

We were in an aft-facing extended balcony on the Mardi Gras, deck 10. The size of the balcony was fantastic and we loved the view. What we didn't like was the complete lack of breeze, zero shade, and oppressive heat. It was impossible to sit on the balcony during the day without feeling like we were going to burst into flames.

I'm looking right now at booking this similar cabin on Celebration deck 14, actually have a hold on 14529 right now.  We actually don't spend a ton of time on the balcony, so only mildly concerned.  What month were you cruising?  It would be for February 2024, so I'm thinking it wouldn't be too bad, but wondering when you went - thanks!

19 hours ago, StephPS79 said:

I'm looking right now at booking this similar cabin on Celebration deck 14, actually have a hold on 14529 right now.  We actually don't spend a ton of time on the balcony, so only mildly concerned.  What month were you cruising?  It would be for February 2024, so I'm thinking it wouldn't be too bad, but wondering when you went - thanks!

Ours was July and I should have known better. February will probably be much different. The lack of breeze will still apply but the lower temperature should help a lot.

On 1/5/2023 at 8:59 PM, SRQbeachgirl said:

you should try the forward facing balconies. I bet you get plenty of breeze out there.

• Haha 2