Online Check in

kayjay76

Hi all! Can someone tell me what's the online check in process like now? Is it still basic info?

And do we need to upload a picture?... if so what are the picture requirements... I've searched ncl and can't find that info and want to get our pics set for this sat check in . Ty!!!

it's been 3 years since we sailed but have had crusies cancelled due to covid, our last one being 6 days b4 we left last jan. 

1 hour ago, kayjay76 said:

does the pic have to be with a solid background, like a blank wall?

We have used pictures with our dining room in the background (not a blank wall) and they have been accepted for our last 2 cruises.  I just did the check in process about an hour ago for our next cruise.  Have your passports handy plus the credit card you want to use for your onboard account.  You will also need the name and phone number of a contact person not traveling with you. 

• Like 1

I did the check a few days ago for my wife and myself on the NCL app using my iPhone, and it was a breeze.  Have your photos ready (either on your phone if using the app, or on whatever device you are using if you are signing in on line to your NCL account)  -- blank wall (to be on the safe side), no glasses or hats or face coverings.  (I've always taken the photos on my phone and haven't had a photo rejected because the file size was too great.) And, as noted above, also have your passport info, your credit card info, and the name and contact info for your emergency contact (not traveling with you, obviously).   

You will have to watch the (brief) safety video.  And, if you are checking in someone else as well, you'll have to watch it again for them.  🙂 

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

I did the check a few days ago for my wife and myself on the NCL app using my iPhone, and it was a breeze.  Have your photos ready (either on your phone if using the app, or on whatever device you are using if you are signing in on line to your NCL account)  -- blank wall (to be on the safe side), no glasses or hats or face coverings.  (I've always taken the photos on my phone and haven't had a photo rejected because the file size was too great.) And, as noted above, also have your passport info, your credit card info, and the name and contact info for your emergency contact (not traveling with you, obviously).   

You will have to watch the (brief) safety video.  And, if you are checking in someone else as well, you'll have to watch it again for them.  🙂 

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

And then a few days before departure you get an email saying to watch the video again haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Should it be of interest, there are tools online for removing background from a photo. I used one to remove the back yard from our photos to upload during online check-in for a different cruise line last year and it seemed to work acceptably for the purpose.

Just Google "remove background from photo" and pick the service that works for you.

13 minutes ago, ExArkie said:

Should it be of interest, there are tools online for removing background from a photo. I used one to remove the back yard from our photos to upload during online check-in for a different cruise line last year and it seemed to work acceptably for the purpose.

Just Google "remove background from photo" and pick the service that works for you.

If you have an iPhone or other Apple device running on iOS 16, no special service is needed to remove the background from a well-defined subject.  You just tap on the subject and hold it until a white shimmer appears around it, then choose copy or share to place the subject wherever you want.  E.g., you can email it to yourself, which will create a new photo with just the subject and a white background.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4