Anyone On Solstice Got Any Information On Mazatlan?

Guindalf

As I posted in the roll call for this sailing, there's not any US news reports of current issues in Mazatlan, only that one story from the Canadian wire services. From everything I've read and seen in the states, yesterday's violence was primarily centered in Culiacán.

I always check out the US State Department reports for wherever I'm going, and in this case Mazatlan and Sinaloa state have been listed as "do not travel" for quite a while, with some notes for federal employees visiting the tourist zones. From the website: 

Travel for U.S. government employees is limited to the following areas with the noted restrictions:

Mazatlan: U.S. government employees may travel to Mazatlan by air or sea only, are limited to the Zona Dorada and historic town center, and must travel via direct routes between these destinations and the airport and sea terminal.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Mexico.html#/

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Guindalf said:

There are some pretty graphic reports coming from Sinaloa following the raid and arrest of el Chappo's son.

Can anyone confirm whether Solstice is still stopping in Mazatlan or if there are any warnings/ redirections, etc. in place?

https://mx.usembassy.gov/alert-reports-of-violence-in-sinaloa/

Would be good to check the schedule instead of raising alarm -   Solstice was not scheduled for Mazatlan this cruise.   She is on a 5 day to Cabo and Ensenada.

Next cruises  Jan 7 / Jan 14  Cruise - is a 7 Day to Santa Catalina Island and Cabo  -   Again not even near Mazatlan.

My information to friends who live in Mazatlan is things are already back to normal.

Edited by Jim_Iain

13 hours ago, paulh84 said:

There are no scheduled stops at Mazatlan until Jan 31. Unless the environment changes drastically very quickly I would assume all future stops are off. It's not safe at all. 

There are parts  of Los Angeles and Miami that aren’t safe at all as well.  Just sayin’

7 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

There are parts  of Los Angeles and Miami that aren’t safe at all as well.  Just sayin’

that is correct, as well as in the city closest to me - Chicago.  But in Mexico lots of the problems have been in the areas tourists frequent.  That is not generally the case in the US cities mentioned (not saying never, but the main issues are almost always confined to certain non-tourist areas).