Guanrantee cabin

daisybel

We are in a  Q3 guarantee cabin but 5 weeks  to go and no allocation Also Q3,Q2 and Q1 all booked out . Where will Cunard find a cabin as very few in these categories. Has anyone ever been told “sorry” we are full !

3 hours ago, daisybel said:

We are in a  Q3 guarantee cabin but 5 weeks  to go and no allocation Also Q3,Q2 and Q1 all booked out . Where will Cunard find a cabin as very few in these categories. Has anyone ever been told “sorry” we are full !

Yes, several months ago I was waitlisted for Club Dining , that category was completely full , 72 hours before departure I was given the opportunity to transfer the booking to a lower category or cancel the booking I'm afraid. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, daisybel said:

Why Worry if you have booked a  Guaranteed grade and have confirmation of that from Cunard. If waitlisted as bell boy States above, well thats different type of booking.

Edited by LifeonMars

6 hours ago, canoncruiser said:

I sail in just under two weeks on QV to Dubai-I have a guarantee-I have not heard yet about my stateroom -I have a great TA-so I expect to board and sail away😉

That guarantee cabin may not morph into an assigned cabin until just a few days before sailing.  Since it is possible for there to be a truly "last minute" availability (just a day or two before sailing) you might only learn when you check in.   Happened to me in July 2002 as I boarded Maasdam in Fort Lauderdale.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2023 at 9:37 PM, daisybel said:

Thank you - booked 12 mths ago and paid in full! Cases  packed and ready to sail !

Are you afraid they'll forget about you? They would have enough cabins of Q3 or higher to service all those passengers in your position. They have allowed for your booking in their description of categories as 'sold out'.

Last time I was on QE I was upgraded from Q5 to Q3, less than 5 weeks out from the voyage. This time I've chosen Q3 but also chosen my cabin. If they care to put me in a higher grade of cabin the day before sailing, they are most welcome to do so!

• Like 1

On 1/7/2023 at 9:26 AM, Bell Boy said:

Yes, several months ago I was waitlisted for Club Dining , that category was completely full , 72 hours before departure I was given the opportunity to transfer the booking to a lower category or cancel the booking I'm afraid. 

I assume you paid less for your room then ?

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, daisybel said:

No, unfortunately ? There is still one cabin higher than a Q3. I am thinking of calling Cunard to see if they will make me an offer. Interested to hear what other CC cruisers think ? 

Personally, I wouldn't be worried about it but seeing that you are, you should certainly call them and see what they can tell you about the cabin assignment. They should be there today possibly as it wouldn't be a public holiday where the call centre is (it sounds to me as though it's off-shore).

I'm sailing on QE on the 14th Feb and in just the last couple of days (21 days from sailing date) received access to my check-in and luggage labels. I chose my cabin when I booked so the cabin number is no surprise. I would assume that they confirm people who have chosen cabins first and then assign those who have guarantees. I have had a guarantee in the past, as well as an upgrade and they both happened within the week or two prior to sailing, from memory. The guarantee was almost certainly in the last week before sailing (P2 on QM2).

Which voyage number/s are you doing and how many nights?

31 minutes ago, daisybel said:

3 weeks out and still no cabin. Also ship is full for all QG  .getting a bit nervous !

just got my assignment last night 3 days before boarding but only booked 3 weeks ago - I wasn't worried and it turned into a very good upgrade. Well pleased Mr Cunard, thanks. Im sure it will all work out Daisybel.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, daisybel said:

Thanks for confidence, Roscoe, I am sure we will be  allocated soon. Always enjoy your cruise blogs and  look foward to your next one! 
enjoy your trip 

thanks daiseybel, that's much appreciated.

blog awaiting the next adventure as we speak............

• Like 2