NCL Escape- can we remove the sofa for extra space?

jgrizzle13

Hi there, 

Cruising as a family of 4 in April 2022- 2 kids age 1 & 4. My question is, is it possible for the sofa to be removed from the room so we have extra floor room for a pack and play? My daughter can use the upper pull down bed, I assume. Does a pack and play even fit on an NCL balcony cabin? 

Also, if anyone has any tips for cruising with littles, let us know!

• Haha 1

On one cruise on the Pearl we saw on embarkation day some furniture out in the hallway in front of a balcony cabin...On disembark day we saw the same furniture in the hall probably waiting to be put back so the answer to that is probably yes.

34 minutes ago, jgrizzle13 said:

Hi there, 

Cruising as a family of 4 in April 2022- 2 kids age 1 & 4. My question is, is it possible for the sofa to be removed from the room so we have extra floor room for a pack and play? My daughter can use the upper pull down bed, I assume. Does a pack and play even fit on an NCL balcony cabin? 

You may want to contact the Special Needs/ Accessability dept at NCL so your request can be fulfilled before you board.  Ymmv ofc but I would start with them 🙂

I assume you mean April 2023, not ‘22. 😄

On 1/7/2023 at 8:58 AM, SunshineGal2022 said:

You may want to contact the Special Needs/ Accessability dept at NCL so your request can be fulfilled before you board.  Ymmv ofc but I would start with them 🙂

I assume you mean April 2023, not ‘22. 😄

Yes 2023- not used to the new year yet! Thank you- I will reach out. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2023 at 7:20 AM, jgrizzle13 said:

Hi there, 

In all seriousness if you have parents willing to go or other adults it will make it much easier.

Especially if the four year old can bunk with them.My four year old grandaughter slept on our couch and loved it. 

On 1/16/2023 at 8:23 PM, Peachypooh said:

In all seriousness if you have parents willing to go or other adults it will make it much easier.

Especially if the four year old can bunk with them.My four year old grandaughter slept on our couch and loved it. 

Yes- we're traveling with family (yay)!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RD64 said:

How about you just get another cabin?

Big price difference to get a 2nd cabin- besides unless it was a perfect adjoining rooms situation, our kids are young and can't be in a different room from us for safety reasons. 

• 3 months later...
On 1/7/2023 at 8:20 AM, jgrizzle13 said:

Hi there, 

Trying to find a way to fit our pack and play. Were you able to remove the sofa?

15 hours ago, dbdb said:

Trying to find a way to fit our pack and play. Were you able to remove the sofa?

Please see post # 10. The couch is built in and cannot be removed. 

Which ship are you going on?

• Thanks 1

Just now, bluesea777 said:

Please see post # 10. The couch is built in and cannot be removed. 

Which ship are you going on?

The Joy. Our PnP is about 28 inches wide

4 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Joy is another of the newer ships, couch is built-in. What cabin are you in? I might be able to advise. 

Thanks. It's a family balcony (B4). Got three adults and a 1.5 year old.

It's been a long time since I've needed to deal with this, but can't you order a crib through the cruise line?  Maybe through special needs?  Then they would be responsible for figuring out how to fit it into the cabin.

Wwith 3 adults and a child, I second getting a second, connecting cabin. Sadly, cruise prices are higher these days. But, certainly sounds like more space is needed unless a suite of some sort is booked.