WI-FI

Newcruiser2024

Depends on what you are planning on it for.    If you only want to check mail and light browsing it should do.    If you want to log onto CC, Social Media Sites, Voice over Wifi Calling ect. you will need Premium.

Basic would not let use cruisecritic, onboard internet staff will state the site is too complex

The good news is you can upgrade mid sailing and only pay the prorated amount; however, once you start it you cannot stop it (maybe if you complain multiple times)

17 minutes ago, Newcruiser2024 said:

Thank you for the reply. So, I would like to be able to check/send email, go on cruise critic, and do light browsing. However if I have to pay the Premium price maybe I'll forget about wanting to go on Cruise Critic.

Cruise Critic web pages load very slowly via Basic Wi-Fi and it eventually doesn't load the entire page causing the formatting to be all messed up and unusable.

• Thanks 1

Just now, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

To upgrade using my Captain's Club discount, do I call beforehand to do it or do I have to wait until I'm onboard?

You can get your Captains Club discount either way.  However if you call beforehand, you will get a pre-cruise discount on the Wi-Fi package along with your Captains Club discount.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

To upgrade using my Captain's Club discount, do I call beforehand to do it or do I have to wait until I'm onboard?

19 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thank you. I'll do that the same time I call to bump up my beverage package.

If you're calling for something else, might as well do it at the same time.  Yet if you wait onboard, on the 4 ships I've been on, they had the CC discount appear the first time you try to connect

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

You can do it onboard when you go to create your account.   It will show you all you options and they already apply the discounts.   You an also do it in advance by calling Captain's Club.

• Like 1