Seatac hotel early check in

Gillian123

Looking for a comfortable clean hotel for one night near the airport , that might allow early check in after our cruise before flying home the next day.

do they provide shuttles or do we need taxi to get from hotel to airport 

thank you so much

Early check in is always a factor of room availability. They aren't going to leave a room empty the previous night just so you can check in early, particularly given the staffing shortages.

That being said, airport hotels are much more accommodating of early check in, as people arrive at all hours. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gillian123 said:

that might allow early check in after our cruise before flying home the next day.

As Bruce said, early check in isn't always given and is generally more difficult to come by than a late check out.

That being said, if you want to guarantee it, you can also book the night before and call ahead to the hotel to block the room for you as you'll be arriving early the next morning. Granted you'll pay for 2 nights instead of one, but you will be able to go directly to your hotel without rolling the dice. 

• Like 1

Do any of the airport hotels have shuttles serving the south centre mall? I’m trying to decide between booking a hotel by the mall or one by the hotel for the night after the cruise, it’s looking like my flight home may be at 7.30am if I don’t get a cheaper price on the midday departure on disembarkation day. 

On 1/9/2023 at 1:31 AM, Gillian123 said:

Looking for a comfortable clean hotel for one night near the airport , that might allow early check in after our cruise before flying home the next day.

do they provide shuttles or do we need taxi to get from hotel to airport 

thank you so much

I like the Double Tree which is right across from the airport.  Large property, used by a lot of the airlines for crew lodging.  Met a lot of Southwest crews while staying there.  I also like the Ceaderbrook Lodge which is located “behind” the Double Tree.  It is a bit more upscale and is quite secluded.  Doesn’t feel like an “airport hotel”.

Best bet is to book the room for the night you are staying over after the cruise and then check in with the hotel front desk to see if they can accommodate an early check in.  You may be doing this on the fly as you are disembarking.  I recommend Uber/Lyft or a taxi to get to the hotel, no matter where it is in the Seattle area.  Shuttles are a pain to deal with and the distance from the ports to the SeaTac area is long enough that the hotels generally do not provide shuttle service to the ports.  In the SeaTac area the hotels do have shuttles to/from the airport and many offer shuttle service to Southcenter if you want to visit the mall.