Speciality Dining

If I book, is service added on to the cost quoted? I’ve already pre-paid service if that makes a difference.

Annoyingly, I’ve noticed US customers are quoted prices 20% (well, nearer 21.5% to be  more accurate) less than what we are quoted in the UK.

Is there a way of me securing the US price 🙂

sort of related… is there a general behaviour for when to use/avoid the speciality restaurants?

On a cruise last year, we booked in to Chops for lunch on embarkation day. Avoid the chaos in the windjammer AND start the cruise with a good lunch.

However, it was empty aside from us.
So it did lack atmosphere.

it hasn’t been very busy on other lunch times (Chops or Royal lunch)…. But this was especially quiet.

We don’t have the means for endless speciality dining (but do prefer them)…. So we tend to do a lunch on sea days as a treat. But it was kind of weird sitting there on our own. Is embarkation day usually avoided/quiet or is every cruise different and it’s luck of the draw?

in a restaurant alone on a cruise is a fantasy of many people.  when i got on oasis last time i went to the solarium. totally alone for at least 15 min. sure it was weird but man....no lines, perfect service. all sparkling clean . i think no one knows it's open on embark day.  even had goulash once!

4 hours ago, zimmerman said:

If I book, is service added on to the cost quoted? I’ve already pre-paid service if that makes a difference.

Annoyingly, I’ve noticed US customers are quoted prices 20% (well, nearer 21.5% to be  more accurate) less than what we are quoted in the UK.

Is there a way of me securing the US price 🙂

I believe the "US price" you see is before tax and the service (gratuity) charges

46 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

in a restaurant alone on a cruise is a fantasy of many people.  when i got on oasis last time i went to the solarium. totally alone for at least 15 min. sure it was weird but man....no lines, perfect service. all sparkling clean . i think no one knows it's open on embark day.  even had goulash once!

I feel guilty with how attentive and willing cruise staff are at the best of times; having a whole brigade and manager and sommelier et al all wanting to help us was a bit much 🤣

It wasn’t that bad in fairness, and I think I will book it again for embarkation day regardless. Worth it just to avoid the clamour of the windjammer as people set about getting their moneys worth before we’ve even set sail.

Edited by zimmerman