Retreat Cabana Pricing

Jaakar

We have a 34 day cruise on the Noordam later this year and I called up HAL to look into booking a Cabana. The HAL Rep gave a price of $1,434 for the duration or $42/day. If you look at the pricing sheet for 20 days the cost was $699 or $35/day and the HAL Rep confirmed that as the price for 20 days. I asked why the price per day would be higher for more days booked and all they could offer was that was the info they had.

Just wondering if any other Cabana enjoyers have had similar experiences? or has the HAL Rep made a mistake?

• Like 1

2 chocolate covered strawberries and one glass of prosecco a day - for $35 a day?

That is how we would assess any cabana value-added after our own first and very negative experience. Hold out for an upsell to a Neptune, would be my choice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OlsSalt said:

2 chocolate covered strawberries and one glass of prosecco a day - for $35 a day?

That is how we would assess any cabana value-added after our own first and very negative experience. Hold out for an upsell to a Neptune, would be my choice.

That's not what it's for.  I don't take either of those things.  I like a dedicated area where I can sit and not be bumped a hundred times or have to be around tons of people.  Fine if you don't like it but I don't think providing incorrect information is very helpful.  I can't remember the last time I was offered an upsell to a neptune so I wouldn't hold a ton of hope for that depending on what type of room you are in.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

That's not what it's for.  I don't take either of those things.  I like a dedicated area where I can sit and not be bumped a hundred times or have to be around tons of people.  Fine if you don't like it but I don't think providing incorrect information is very helpful.  I can't remember the last time I was offered an upsell to a neptune so I wouldn't hold a ton of hope for that depending on what type of room you are in.

Opinions are not "incorrect information". They are opinions, and noted as such.  YMMV.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OlsSalt said:

Opinions are not "incorrect information". They are opinions, and noted as such.  YMMV.

Yes if it is stated as an opinion but it looked to me like fact. I just want to dispel it before others saw it as such.  How did you enjoy your upsell to the Neptune?

Cabana pricing is for a range of days, and not strictly a set price per day if booking for the whole cruise.

up to 7 days $399

8-10 days $499

11-15 days $599

16-20 days $699

beyond this I don't know the breakdown

I do know for 28 days the cost was $1091 and for 35 days was $1434

It is likely priced similar to internet which is $319 for 32-41 days and $287 for 26-31 days.

https://rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/HAL-Cabanas.pdf

Edited by mwj
add info

6 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Yes if it is stated as an opinion but it looked to me like fact. I just want to dispel it before others saw it as such.  How did you enjoy your upsell to the Neptune?

A careful re-reading will disclose the  qualifying opinion disclaimers.

We did not have an upsell to a Neptune on this cruise, but have enjoyed them in the past. Personally, we have a general value-added amount per day in mind that we use to assess whether we like the Neptune upsell offer or not. Not a hard and fast rule, but a starting point.  We have turned down Neptune upsells only to be offered them again later at a lower price, the closer it is to departure date.  Upsell offers are so totally random, so we found it is good to have a pre-plan price point ahead of time in order to move fast when they do come along. 

Our best one was the night before we were ready to depart on the Prinsendam for a long Black Sea cruise, and got a very last minute upsell to one of their fabulous top floor Neptunes - named cabins in the grand old style of premium cruising. But it was right next to the Crows Nest - Cruise Critic Prinsendam fan "kazu" assured us this was a good location and there was no sound penetration. She was right, and we remain eternally grateful for that last minute decision help.

In the future, if ever given a choice between an upsell to a Neptune or paying the premium for a cabana rental, I  **personally**  would always pick the Neptune. Nor both,  either.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Cabana prices did go up. The prices are no longer on the HAL site as far as I can find.

They're super expensive. Definitely do not book. Windy. Far from areas you want to be. Lots of motion in rough seas.

Beware! 🚫

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Just now, POA1 said:

Cabana prices did go up. The prices are no longer on the HAL site as far as I can find.

They're super expensive. Definitely do not book. Windy. Far from areas you want to be. Lots of motion in rough seas.

Beware! 🚫

While I'm at it... Stay aware from the Signature Suites. Nothing to see there.

• Haha 6

On 10/26/2023 at 7:40 PM, POA1 said:

Beware! 🚫

That doesn't surprise me at all, they seem to sell out virtually every cruise. Will have to call for a quote on one of my upcoming sailings. 

We are just off of the NCL Escape where we purchased a Vibe pass for $279pp and The Retreat wins hands down for atmosphere, service and amenities.

We have The Retreat booked for our upcoming Baja peninsula cruise in January and paid the old pricing of $399 when we booked. At $530 we would still book it. The pampering…

1 hour ago, Meachjg1963 said:

We are just off of the NCL Escape where we purchased a Vibe pass for $279pp and The Retreat wins hands down for atmosphere, service and amenities.

We have The Retreat booked for our upcoming Baja peninsula cruise in January and paid the old pricing of $399 when we booked. At $530 we would still book it. The pampering…

I agree that we will continue to book them at the new price. I am a full-time wheelchar user and we typically take Caribbean cruises. The majority of excursions are not wheelchair accessible, so we consider the money spent on the cabana as our excursion money.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, 510picker said:

we consider the money spent on the cabana as our excursion money.

agree , we have been to most of the ports on our up coming cruise and the Retreat will be our " excursion " for most of them , wonder if I can get HAL to apply the excursion credit to the price Hehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

I too have been considering a (Lido) deck cabana rental on the Nieuw Amsterdam and found it quite difficult to get updated pricing information from HAL. However, thanks to Guest Services yesterday, they emailed me the shocking "new" fleet-wide pricing details. For example, a Lido Cabana for a 10-day cruise is now $550 (including the mandatory 18% gratuity). In my situation, I was quoted an "up to 25-day" price of $1150. Unfortunately though, our cruise is but 21-days. By comparison, the new "up to 20-day" price is $950. Either way, I will be giving this option a pass. Sorry HAL

• 3 months later...