How do I book a day-use room at the InterContinental Hotel?

DrivesLikeMario

I've tried calling them but the call wouldn't go through.  I've tried regular IHG reservations and they couldn't connect me to that specific hotel's reservations desk, unlike Hilton who did it with ease.  Is there an email I can use to book a day-use room?  Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 1/12/2023 at 9:21 AM, DrivesLikeMario said:

Update:  I finally got through to InterContinental and they said they aren't allowing day-use bookings - only 1 full night reservations charged at the full price.  Looks like that's what we'll do then - book a whole night and only use about 6 hrs. of it.  

Wondering how this worked out for you? We are considering doing the same thing. Did they allow you to check in early (if needed)? Were you able to leave your luggage at the bellhop desk and use the facilities while waiting for your room to be ready?

We get off the ship in the morning and the flight we are considering doesn't leave until almost midnight.

1 hour ago, luckybecky said:

Wondering how this worked out for you? We are considering doing the same thing. Did they allow you to check in early (if needed)? Were you able to leave your luggage at the bellhop desk and use the facilities while waiting for your room to be ready?

We get off the ship in the morning and the flight we are considering doesn't leave until almost midnight.

We packed our swim suits, cover-ups, sunglasses, SPF, hats on the very top of 1 bag (forgot the camera). Took that and went to the bathroom to change, putting our clothes in that bag.  Then we gave all the bags to the bell hop.  We had to pay for 1 night at the Hilton which was incredibly beautiful.  It was around $450 if I remember correctly.  A lot to spend but SOOO worth it.  

We talked with others that didn’t do that and they said it was the biggest mistake they had ever made.  They walked for 6 hrs dragging their luggage around the market area & finally went to the airport thinking there would be a/c.  They were so sweaty from head to toe.  Pretty gross.  Felt bad for them. 

After changing & dropping the bags, we were sent to the pool (and wow, was it nice!!) for a few hours.   Then we had 2 burgers with fries and each a Diet Coke for $90. We were able to check in afterwards.  I’m not sure if being in Hilton Honors was why we got to check in early but it CERTAINLY made a difference at check in.  It was MUCH faster for that line than the regular line.

The rooms were really nice.  We got a fourth floor room (highest one with a fantastic view over the pool) and checked out about 7:15pm.  We bought snacks at the little store the Hilton had on the property. 

Thank God we left for the airport when we did!!   You should’ve seen the line for check-in and the hard stares we got when we got out of the taxi and even more so when we passed over 100 or so people to wait in the business class line.  

We were #3 & #4 to check in which meant we got ahead of all the hundreds of others in the security line.  We had to wait in that for almost an hour.  We walked upstairs to the Business Class lounge.  It’s the ONLY place in the entire airport with a/c and it was desperately needed!!   We enjoyed snacks and drinks there.  Everyone else had to sit downstairs, packed into uncomfortable chairs in the stifling heat.  There were a lot of really grouchy people we noticed as we walked passed them all to board first.  This is one place you want to upgrade your seats!!  

Don’t miss sunset at the hotel - absolutely amazing!   Sorry so long but I wish I had more info before we booked.  It was really hard to come by.  Also, were used to hot, very humid weather.  The heat there is like nothing we have ever experienced.  It was incredible so don’t underestimate it.  
it was worth every penny and bead of sweat though. 😂. It’s just amazing!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the detailed info! I really appreciate it. In your original post you mentioned the Intercontinental. But it looks like you decided to go with the Hilton instead. Any particular reason for that choice?

We stayed one night pre-cruise at the intercontinental several years ago. It was beautiful but we weren't there long enough to use the facilities, mostly just sleeping after our long flight from the US. We are considering using it again for our upcoming trip but have also looked at the Hilton. Both are expensive but I agree with you that they could be worth the splurge.

We won't be business class, alas. Thanks for the heads up about the airport lines. I don't recall that being a problem when we flew out of there last time, but maybe it's just my faulty memory. I DO remember that we had a day tour while killing time waiting for our late flight. We would rather skip any tour and just rest/relax before our flight this time.

No for you on the cheap ... I love the IC Tahiti but it can get spendy for many people. We've booked rooms at several different places for a night. Some allow us to check-in around 11AM which is wonderful. We are within walking distance of downtown PPT and enjoy the day getting gifts and then enjoy a casual dinner at the food trucks ... back to the hotel ... take a shower and then off to the airport. 

I would encourage people to do a search and you will find reasonable places for a day room ... no need to break the bank. Don't get me wrong ... love the IC and when we have 'extra' money we do stay there. I prefer the IC over the Hilton if your wanting incredible grounds/pools to enjoy. The IC grounds are more expansive than the Hilton. If being close to town is a biggie and you want a real nice place and enjoy the Hilton.

On 12/20/2023 at 9:00 PM, DrivesLikeMario said:

We had to pay for 1 night at the Hilton which was incredibly beautiful.  It was around $450 if I remember correctly.  A lot to spend but SOOO worth it.  

Your offer seems like it was much better than what we were recently offered which I've copied below - the non-refundable part was the deal killer for us:

Regarding your request, we are pleased to propose you our “Day Use room” offer for the first category available as follow:

On February 29th 2024.

For 2 adults

From 06:00 AM until 07:00 PM

75 705 XPF all taxes included*

or

From 12:00 PM (noon) until 10:00 PM

51 022 XPF all taxes included*

Reservation conditions:

In order to proceed with the reservation, a secure payment link will be sent. Kindly note that the reservation tentative will be maintained only during the link validity.

Cancellation policy:

As soon as the reservation confirmed it will not be amendable or refundable.

The Intercontinental doesn't offer day use rooms but they do have a package that allows you to use the pool and includes lunch.  This is the offer we have booked (via email to Restauration.Tahiti@ihg.com )

The Lotus Pool Day Pass – Available everyday 

Includes access to the pool area from 10.00am to 5.00pm with a lunch at the gourmet restaurant Le Lotus from 12.00 to 2.00pm : main course + dessert a la carte. 

The rate is at 8 990 XPF per person (from Monday to Thursday). 

The rate is at 10 700 XPF per person (from Friday to Sunday). 

The Tiare Pool Day Pass + Lunch – Available everyday [the most popular] 

Includes access to the pool area from 10.00am to 5.00pm with a lunch at the main restaurant Te Tiare: main course + dessert a la carte.  

The rate is 7 950 XPF per person.  

The Tiare Pool Day Pass + American Breakfast – Available from Monday to Saturday 

Includes access to the pool area from 10.00am to 5.00pm with an American Breakfast at Te Tiare restaurant available from 6.30 to 10.30am. 

The rate is 7 950 XPF per person.  

The Tiare Pool Day Pass + Tahitian Brunch - Available only on Sunday
Includes access to the pool area
from 10.00am to 5.00pm with our Tahitian Brunch at Te Tiare restaurant, available from 7.00 to 10.30am with a traditional dance show at 8.30am. 

The rate is 10 000 XPF per person. 

Beverage and transfer are not included 

Payment can be made directly on site, upon arrival 

-50% off for children from 4 to 11 years old 

As we have a limited number of day passes, reservations are mandatory. 

Please kindly note that our rate may be subject to change by 2024. 

Regarding your request for the luggage, we have the possibility to store it.  

To do so, please find enclosed a discharge form to be filled.   

Wow!  That's not a good deal at all!  Glad to hear it!  I did call all of the big hotels and even the small Swiss Hotel and no one offered a day use pass at that time and many wouldn't even let us pay for a 1-night booking.  Thanks for the info.  I had to tell myself to just forget about what it cost and enjoy the moment.  😉

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/24/2023 at 9:50 AM, DrivesLikeMario said:

Wow!  That's not a good deal at all!  Glad to hear it!  I did call all of the big hotels and even the small Swiss Hotel and no one offered a day use pass at that time and many wouldn't even let us pay for a 1-night booking.  Thanks for the info.  I had to tell myself to just forget about what it cost and enjoy the moment.  😉

Did Oceania ever offer a post cruise tour or hotel package in Papeete?

On 3/8/2024 at 1:36 PM, Acrusa said:

Did Oceania ever offer a post cruise tour or hotel package in Papeete?

No.  I did ask but they didn't.  I tried just about all the hotels in the area and no one wanted to rent a hotel room for the day - even those that say they will do it.  Maybe if I booked one about 2 wks. prior but I was trying to book a little farther out.  Even the small hotels refused to let us book for 1 night (for example, the Swiss Hotel).  The Hilton was definitely a treat.  So glad we did it.

11 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

No.  I did ask but they didn't.  I tried just about all the hotels in the area and no one wanted to rent a hotel room for the day - even those that say they will do it.  Maybe if I booked one about 2 wks. prior but I was trying to book a little farther out.  Even the small hotels refused to let us book for 1 night (for example, the Swiss Hotel).  The Hilton was definitely a treat.  So glad we did it.

In 2017 I had the Purser on our Oceania cruise call the Intercontinental 5 days before we docked and he made the reservation for us.When we got to the hotel at 9:30 am 

the receptionist told us we had to wait till 1 pm to get our room

So I smiled and handed him a crisp us currency and our room was ready at 10 am