Alcohol free drinks

hfdad

24 minutes ago, evandbob said:

Usually $5 to 7.  They also have non alcoholic beer.

If so inclined, there will be "Friends of Bill" meetings posted in the daily schedules, usually on sea days.

Not sure what in the OP caused you to include that info. Someone can not be into alcohol without needing Friends of Bill.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

Did say "If so inclined."

No accusations were made, only a helpful tidbit

Yes, but it seemed like a left field thing, sort of suggesting that anyone who eschews alcohol does so only because they are recovering and not because they don't care for it or aren't really into it.

2 hours ago, hfdad said:

My wife and I are not into alcohol but do like an occasional virgin tropical drink throughout the cruise. Any idea what they cost on the Mardi Gras?

I do have a fully leaded drink once in a while, but never been a big drinker so usually do non-alcoholic.

Some great suggestions I have found (virgin style):

Strawberry Daquiri  (these are usually very good)

Miami Vice

Pineapple juice/Sprite* also can make it real good and add Shot of Cherry juice

Cranberry/Sprite*

Haven't had good luck with a straight up Pina Colada, they aren't usually that great.

*Currently not really Sprite - it is Sierra Mist but just read another post that is changing.

14 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Yes, but it seemed like a left field thing, sort of suggesting that anyone who eschews alcohol does so only because they are recovering and not because they don't care for it or aren't really into it.

My wife doesn't like alcohol.

I'm the professional who had to retire.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

My wife doesn't like alcohol.

I'm the professional who had to retire.

If she likes chocolate... tell her she has to get a chocolate shake at the coffee bar.  Just ask them to add a couple extra shots of chocolate syrup (Ghirardelli) to it....  TO DIE FOR!  PS:  Don't forget the whipped cream.

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, wemjam said:

I do have a fully leaded drink once in a while, but never been a big drinker so usually do non-alcoholic.

Some great suggestions I have found (virgin style):

Strawberry Daquiri  (these are usually very good)

Miami Vice

Pineapple juice/Sprite* also can make it real good and add Shot of Cherry juice

Cranberry/Sprite*

Haven't had good luck with a straight up Pina Colada, they aren't usually that great.

*Currently not really Sprite - it is Sierra Mist but just read another post that is changing.

That also have a nice frozen mango drink. It's simply ice and mango smoothie mix.

Almost any of the frozen drinks you can get non-alc

I do wish, and I have said this before, I do wish they had a virgin drink menu. Some folks, who may be a Friends of Bill W, can be intimidated to walk up to a bar and not knowing what to drink, making it difficult for some.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firstjourney said:

I'm not a big drinker and I've seen that carnival has non alcoholic beer available however was wondering if they have any non alcoholic wine available which I enjoy while on vacation. I haven't been able to find any answer to this online. 

They have sparkling cider available through the online gift shop to purchase for the cabin. I didn't see any others that were alcohol free. You could always bring a bottle with you in your carryon. 

1 hour ago, firstjourney said:

I'm not a big drinker and I've seen that carnival has non alcoholic beer available however was wondering if they have any non alcoholic wine available which I enjoy while on vacation. I haven't been able to find any answer to this online. 

I've never seen an alcohol-free wine on board (other than the sparkling cider).  You could carry on your allotment of wine as alcohol-free wine.

12 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

That also have a nice frozen mango drink. It's simply ice and mango smoothie mix.

Almost any of the frozen drinks you can get non-alc

I do wish, and I have said this before, I do wish they had a virgin drink menu. Some folks, who may be a Friends of Bill W, can be intimidated to walk up to a bar and not knowing what to drink, making it difficult for some.

IIRC most of the drink menus either indicate which drinks can be made without alcohol, or have a non-alcoholic section, or both.  Alchemy might be an exception.

• Like 1

DD34 is on a lot of medication - can have no alcohol.  She loves virgin Kiss on the Lips. frozen - strawberry and mango mixed together).   I like virgin mocha chocolate getaway - it's like a giant chocolate shake.

On 1/12/2023 at 9:28 AM, sparks1093 said:

Not sure what in the OP caused you to include that info. Someone can not be into alcohol without needing Friends of Bill.

Of course.

And many folks don't know there are self help meetings on board a ship.  I posted "if so inclined" for those who may be curious reading this post, not necessarily for the OP.

And if someone truly needs self help, they should be congratulated and encouraged, not stigmatized. Just like folk who drink responsibly.

The losers are the drunks who continue to drink way past their own limits and cause all sorts of issues and they should be stigmatized.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, evandbob said:

Of course.

And many folks don't know there are self help meetings on board a ship.  I posted "if so inclined" for those who may be curious reading this post, not necessarily for the OP.

And if someone truly needs self help, they should be congratulated and encouraged, not stigmatized. Just like folk who drink responsibly.

The losers are the drunks who continue to drink way past their own limits and cause all sorts of issues and they should be stigmatized.

All true but it was jarring seeing it in response to this particular question, that's all. I do recall seeing a few inquiries about whether or not Friends of Bill was available posted on CC.

Edited by sparks1093