Miami hotel

Mudhen

Forgive me if this has been covered somewhere else, but I can't seem to find anything.

Looking for a Miami hotel that's near the port. Does not need to be ultra deluxe, just clean

with reliable taxi service. It's only for one night, pre cruise.

Thanks all....

We stayed (using a Hilton free night certificate) at the Hilton Miami Downtown on Biscayne Blvd in December.  It was very comfortable and we had a great view of the port.  It’s an easy Uber/Lyft ride to the port, but I’m sure there are plenty of taxis if that’s your preference.  Enjoy your cruise!!

We've stayed at both the Holiday Inn - Port of Miami on Biscayne Blvd which is adjacent to the Bayside Marketplace. Rates were reasonable - not fancy but clean and servicable. CVS nearby for last minute items and the Bayside Marketplace was interesting to wander through with a number of restaurants. Most recently we were at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay - a much nicer although more expensive hotel with lots of restaurants nearby. Would recommend either as they're close to the port and from our high room at the Marriott you had a great view of the port and ships.

Have a great trip!

Cheers,

Rob

We stayed at Marriott Grand before before and between our cruises in Dec.   nice well kept older hotel with large rooms and great view of the ships in port and turning in the basin. Lot of shops,  food and other in building and near by. 
DH won’t use Uber, but the Taxi ride from the hotel to the port is short 10 mins, at the most, in rush hour traffic and a flat $20. From the port to the hotel on the meter it was $18 and change. They allowed us to keep the room until 1 pm and to check in with a room right off the ship between cruises no extra charge.

We're arriving in Miami in the early evening the day before our cruise in March. We're waffling between taking a cab to a hotel near the port, or just taking a shuttle to a hotel near the airport. I'm thinking that after a 4+ hour flight just staying in the airport area might suit us better. We're mostly just looking for a place to get a night's sleep.

• Like 1

We stayed 1 night pre-cruise at the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Miami Brickell Downtown on Dec 12. Good price, clean, full service and close to the port. Just a short Uber ride. Plenty of reasonably priced restaurants a close by. 

2 hours ago, RetroRod said:

We stayed 1 night pre-cruise at the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Miami Brickell Downtown on Dec 12. Good price, clean, full service and close to the port. Just a short Uber ride. Plenty of reasonably priced restaurants a close by. 

Thank you all for the good suggestions. We’re going to try the above Hampton Inn/Brickell. Will report back how it is.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 2012_Alaska_bound said:

I've stayed at Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon twice before cruises. It is at the airport, so take the shuttle over. Has grocery store and a good Cuban restaurant across the street. You can take the hotel shuttle to port for $10/person or Uber over.

That sounds like what I'm looking for. Do they really have a shuttle to the port? We might take an Uber/taxi anyway, but it's an option if so.

DW has been on a Cuban kick since she saw the movie "Chef", so having a restaurant that close works too.

9 hours ago, cAPS lOCK oN said:

Do they really have a shuttle to the port? We might take an Uber/taxi anyway, but it's an option if so.

Yes, but you need to sign up for it when you first check-in. It services all cruise lines, so you may stop at other ships before you reach Regent. Opted for the shuttle first time I stayed. Did Uber second time I stayed. Unfortunately we did not have a good Uber driver (couldn't find our hotel, then got lost finding Terminal J so we brought up Google Maps and directed him, limited English). Would probably use Uber next time and hope for a better outcome!

Hotel is a Hampton Inn, so you know what to expect. Pleasant people, good breakfast.

5 hours ago, 2012_Alaska_bound said:

Yes, but you need to sign up for it when you first check-in. It services all cruise lines, so you may stop at other ships before you reach Regent. Opted for the shuttle first time I stayed. Did Uber second time I stayed. Unfortunately we did not have a good Uber driver (couldn't find our hotel, then got lost finding Terminal J so we brought up Google Maps and directed him, limited English). Would probably use Uber next time and hope for a better outcome!

Hotel is a Hampton Inn, so you know what to expect. Pleasant people, good breakfast.

We board on a Wednesday, and it looks like Splendor is actually the only ship in port that day. So the shuttle should be direct to the terminal. But I imagine someone in our group will get antsy and we'll wind up on Ubers.

Thanks for the info!

• Haha 1

On 1/12/2023 at 6:35 PM, Mudhen said:

Thank you all for the good suggestions. We’re going to try the above Hampton Inn/Brickell. Will report back how it is.

We also stayed here the night before our Dec 1 cruise (on points). It was perfectly acceptable. Clean and the room was comfortable for 3 people for one night. The lobby is on the 6th floor.