Website problems

SW.FloridaPhil

6 hours ago, SW.FloridaPhil said:

Interesting. Having problems logging on and the error message says, Don't call us, we can't help you sign on?????

I log into the Princess site every few days as we have an upcoming cruise and I'm doing some research for future cruises.  I've rarely encountered any login issues, and when I might, it is usually very early in the morning or very late at night, presumably when they are conducting site maintenance.

This error message cannot be verbatim from the site?  I have never seen any site developer use this kind of casual text for an error response.  If this is the exact text of the error message, I suspect that you are not on the Princess site, but possibly a site that a fake or a spoof site.  If the site is a fake or spoof site, be very careful, as fraudsters might be trying to harvest login credentials or other information from unsuspecting users so they can commit frauds or get involved in ID theft.

This is the error message when logging in.
Your login attempt was unsuccessful.
Please confirm that you are using the correct Login ID (or Email) and Password.

We are experiencing technical difficulties with some guest accounts. If you have reset your password already and you still see this error, then we apologize. We are working on a solution.

You can access your existing bookings online by using your name and booking number. If you need to review your Future Cruise Credit balance then please contact our call center. We kindly ask that you do not call or chat for assistance with login, as our customer service team cannot assist you with sign on until we have a solution in place.

20 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

We are experiencing technical difficulties with some guest accounts. If you have reset your password already and you still see this error, then we apologize. We are working on a solution.

You can access your existing bookings online by using your name and booking number. If you need to review your Future Cruise Credit balance then please contact our call center. We kindly ask that you do not call or chat for assistance with login, as our customer service team cannot assist you with sign on until we have a solution in place.

Did you try your booking number and last name?

I wanted to make sure that this issue was or was not occurring, at least for me.  I just logged into Princess with no issues.

The good news is that this isn't a boilerplate error message.  Seems like they understand that it is affecting some accounts, but not all.  I can't speculate why some accounts would have an access issue, but it is not impossible.  Possibly an issue with underlying databases that hold customer information.  I'm also not surprised that they have asked customers to not call them while they address this.  CSRs in a call center are not going to be able to assist customers that are having access issues, at least until the technical issue is resolved.

1 hour ago, jeromep said:

This error message cannot be verbatim from the site?  I have never seen any site developer use this kind of casual text for an error response.

Had a teacher I didn't like at all in a programming class. (3 people liked him and the rest detested him.) He was not at all amused when I used "Byte Me" as an error message in my code.

• Haha 7

19 hours ago, Thrak said:

Had a teacher I didn't like at all in a programming class. (3 people liked him and the rest detested him.) He was not at all amused when I used "Byte Me" as an error message in my code.

Hah!  Good one!  I can imagine the look on his face...  I think it's a bit creative, but I'm sure it's been "done to death"!

On 1/13/2023 at 4:41 PM, DHP1 said:

I'm having the same problem.  I have a cruise deposit due on Monday and can't access the booking.  I'm hoping the vacation planner can do something.  It is weird that it says not to call them as they can do nothing for you. 

10 minutes ago, debcruises said:

I'm having the same problem.  I have a cruise deposit due on Monday and can't access the booking.  I'm hoping the vacation planner can do something.  It is weird that it says not to call them as they can do nothing for you. 

Same here. I to call Princess and provide them my cc. 

4 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Tried to log in on Sunday, 1/15.  "We are experiencing technical issues."  I think that should be Princess' new saying.

I've logged in and out multiple times the past few days - including today. No problems at all. Using Windows 10 and Firefox.

39 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I've logged in and out multiple times the past few days - including today. No problems at all. Using Windows 10 and Firefox.

I gave up using Safari.  I was in Chrome.  I checked back in and had no problems.  User error?   Ha Ha

I think I will blame it on the rain instead.

Edited by cr8tiv1