Our latest favorite cruise cabin purchase

We_like_to_cruise

This has been a great purchase and used successfully for the last week.

If you get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, this little guy senses motion and emits the perfect amount of light (brightness adjustable to three different settings).  We just hang it over one of the towel rack bars.

Much easier than trying to squeeze your hand out the partially closed bathroom door to prevent waking the spouse!  And if you turn on the bathroom light in the middle of the night that light is too bright.

Charged it once two weeks ago and have not re-charged it yet.

I have no financial interest in this company, lol !

https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Brightness-Rechargeable-Magnetic-Wardrobe/dp/B09YPT2DGV/ref=sr_1_24?crid=25B6AC24NMK1O&keywords=hanging+battery+powered+motion+detector+night+light&qid=1673649856&sprefix=hangingbattery+powered+motion+detector+night+light%2Caps%2C1685&sr=8-24

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Our last two cruises in 2022 (Majestic) had motion lights at each bed table (located near the floor) and outside the bathroom. I’m assuming all Princess cruise ships have the same. 

Edited by DHP1

24 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Our last two cruises in 2022 (Majestic) had motion lights at each bed table (located near the floor) and outside the bathroom. I’m assuming all Princess cruise ships have the same. 

Yes, we used masking tape to cover the sensors. The closet one could wake the dead! 😮

This one from the OP looks a lot more civil.  We just use the little led candle (battery op)  Put it in the bathroom at night, turn it off in the morning. Lasts about a month. 

• Like 4

We were just on the Discovery Princess in a PH suite and last October in an Owner's Suite and neither of these cabins had any motion lights.  I was happy about that.  Wondering, other than the Majestic, what other Princess ships have them?  The Crown Princess didn't have them either last May.

9 minutes ago, Hulagirl said:

We were just on the Discovery Princess in a PH suite and last October in an Owner's Suite and neither of these cabins had any motion lights.  I was happy about that.  Wondering, other than the Majestic, what other Princess ships have them?  The Crown Princess didn't have them either last May.

They put them on the Crown now…last drydock!   October drydock. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Hulagirl said:

Diamond has them, and the one in our cabin’s closet area would stay on a long time ( around 5 min)  And the ones under the nightstand came on whenever we would shift the covers. REALLY annoying! 

• Like 1

We took a nice night light on our two cruises the past 3 months - but as others have said the cabins we were in had the automatic light in the ceiling outside the bathroom door, and on the Emerald under the cabinet in the night stands - extremely annoying.  Easy to shut off the ones on the cabinet (a towel, a shoe, anything to block it) but the ceiling one would need to be covered and taped - I tend to have to get up several times during the night and that bright light coming on, and staying on for awhile, was a nuisance and our small night light would have been fine.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

We took a nice night light on our two cruises the past 3 months - but as others have said the cabins we were in had the automatic light in the ceiling outside the bathroom door, and on the Emerald under the cabinet in the night stands - extremely annoying.  Easy to shut off the ones on the cabinet (a towel, a shoe, anything to block it) but the ceiling one would need to be covered and taped - I tend to have to get up several times during the night and that bright light coming on, and staying on for awhile, was a nuisance and our small night light would have been fine.

I use the throw pillows from the bed.  They fit perfectly, are easy to get to and I just throw them back onto the bed in the morning.

10 hours ago, bjkTX said:

Your steward can take care of the closet one. My DH just put masking tape on the sensor.  It’s now part of our cruise bag supplies. 😳

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Hulagirl said:

We had a minisuite on the Crown Princess last November-E731. It had the motion lights. We have E731 on the Sapphire Princess in May. I’ll be better prepared this time.

14 hours ago, DHP1 said:

Thankfully not all ships have those lights.....yet. I hate them!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Enchanted didn't have them in November.

Sounds like the perfect light for the closet area. On the Enchanted now and no motion sensing lights. To make matters worse the light switch for the closet turns on the overhead lights above the bed, so I keep the bathroom door open for a little dressing light so as not to wake her up. How rude would that be?

Jim😎

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jeanandjim said:

Sounds like the perfect light for the closet area. On the Enchanted now and no motion sensing lights. To make matters worse the light switch for the closet turns on the overhead lights above the bed, so I keep the bathroom door open for a little dressing light so as not to wake her up. How rude would that be?

Jim😎

we used a usb night light in the bathroom and it stayed all night long, with the door cracked. It has a dimmer, so it was just bright enough for me not to fall down in the dark (been there, done that) but dim enough not to keep us awake. And it was bright enough for me to get some clothes and get dressed in the closet area while the boys still slept.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, suzyed said:

I don't even know what you all are referring to?

Princess has started adding motion sensor lights under the nightstands and in the closet area right above the bathroom door. When the room is dark, anytime you pass in front of the sensors those lights come on and stay in several minutes.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Enchanted didn't have them in November.

We were told by staff on the Enchanted that she is due to go into dry dock early this year. I suspect they’ll be adding these motion sensors at this time. Doesn’t sound like there are many fans of these sensors. I’ll be sure to add electrical tape to my packing list!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, suzyed said:

I don't even know what you all are referring to?

Very annoying motion sensor night lights. You’ll see on the Crown. They added them in dry dock.  Take a little masking tape or painters tape and put over the sensor.  We did.

On 1/13/2023 at 5:26 PM, DHP1 said:

Well, actually not all Princess cruise ships have motion lights, including the Island Princess which we are on right now.

Additionally, some of the ships we have sailed on have motion lights that are too bright as others have pointed out. 

We figured this item could resolve those issues.

👍

On 1/13/2023 at 5:57 PM, We_like_to_cruise said:

This has been a great purchase and used successfully for the last week.

If you get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, this little guy senses motion and emits the perfect amount of light (brightness adjustable to three different settings).  We just hang it over one of the towel rack bars.

Much easier than trying to squeeze your hand out the partially closed bathroom door to prevent waking the spouse!  And if you turn on the bathroom light in the middle of the night that light is too bright.

Charged it once two weeks ago and have not re-charged it yet.

I have no financial interest in this company, lol !

https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Brightness-Rechargeable-Magnetic-Wardrobe/dp/B09YPT2DGV/ref=sr_1_24?crid=25B6AC24NMK1O&keywords=hanging+battery+powered+motion+detector+night+light&qid=1673649856&sprefix=hangingbattery+powered+motion+detector+night+light%2Caps%2C1685&sr=8-24

I absolutely LOVE this idea and already ordered one for our upcoming cruise!!!  The outlets are scarce and most times nightlights won't fit anyway, so this is perfect!!!