Specialty dining

doones2

Where would I find prices for the specialty restaurants?  I find MSC’s website to be practically useless. There is plenty of info on the restaurants except for the price. We want to reserve a restaurant for one evening to celebrate a special occasion.

2 hours ago, doones2 said:

Where would I find prices for the specialty restaurants?  I find MSC’s website to be practically useless. There is plenty of info on the restaurants except for the price. We want to reserve a restaurant for one evening to celebrate a special occasion.

Are you already booked? If so, then sign into your account on MSC and go to manage your booking and specialty dining. You should able to purchase there. You cannot pick the time or night until you board the ship. 

16 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Are you already booked? If so, then sign into your account on MSC and go to manage your booking and specialty dining. You should able to purchase there. You cannot pick the time or night until you board the ship. 

I am booked.  And yes it does say I can purchase.  I went to do a mock purchase and stopped because it wasn’t telling me the price until I purchased it.  It’s for my family of 6 and we all wanted to know what the price was first.  The restaurants can not be for the same price.  Has anyone on here purchased the exact restaurant they want before cruising and know what the price would be.

1 hour ago, doones2 said:

I am booked.  And yes it does say I can purchase.  I went to do a mock purchase and stopped because it wasn’t telling me the price until I purchased it.  It’s for my family of 6 and we all wanted to know what the price was first.  The restaurants can not be for the same price.  Has anyone on here purchased the exact restaurant they want before cruising and know what the price would be.

The website would show you the Specialty Dining Tasting menus.  It sounds like you are looking for the regular menu, or a la carte.  This link is extensive and shows various beverage and dining menus and prices.  If you open this and go through pages 37-80, you can see the specialty restaurants menus and option.  The prices are from 2021, but would be fairly close to that today.  John

https://www.cruisehabit.com/daily-programs-menus/meraviglia-msc-cruises-bar-restaurant-menus-2021-08-20-000000-2021-08-23-000000

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JAGR said:

The website would show you the Specialty Dining Tasting menus.  It sounds like you are looking for the regular menu, or a la carte.  This link is extensive and shows various beverage and dining menus and prices.  If you open this and go through pages 37-80, you can see the specialty restaurants menus and option.  The prices are from 2021, but would be fairly close to that today.  John

https://www.cruisehabit.com/daily-programs-menus/meraviglia-msc-cruises-bar-restaurant-menus-2021-08-20-000000-2021-08-23-000000

Thank you.  All kinds of info there.  I really appreciate this.

12 hours ago, jjbowcon said:

I’m wondering if I don’t buy the  champagne restaurant for dining can walk in just to purchase a drink? And does my plus package apply to that restaurant?

I am not sure which restaurant you mean. In general your easy plus package will work in specialty restaurants up to $9 per drink. More than that you would be charged full price.

21 hours ago, jjbowcon said:

I’m wondering if I don’t buy the  champagne restaurant for dining can walk in just to purchase a drink? And does my plus package apply to that restaurant?

Do you mean the Champagne Bar? I know they have a menu but that is not part of the dinner packages. 

52 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Has anybody been on the specialty restaurant on board the MSC Fantasia? It appears to be kind of Tex Mex.

Afaik the former "El Sombrero" Tex-Mex restaurants on Fantasia class ships have been redesigned to "Butcher's cut" steakhouse.

Edited by RudiRatlos
  • Like 1

Hello. I'm booked for MSC Seascape cruise. I logged in to my cruise on MSC website but don't see any Dining packages. I do see Drink packages, Excursions, Internet and Photo, but nothing regarding Dining Packages. Maybe it's to early for May 21 cruise?