clam shells great stirup cay

dpepper64

Just now, dpepper64 said:

When and where do you pay for the clam shells at great stirup cay?   Thak you inadvance for the help

You can book one at any touch screen kiosk onboard. You will get a shorex ticket delivered to your room which  can be used for priority tender boarding. 

#dpepper64

once on Great Stirrup Cay, head to where the clamshells are located, an attendant will confirm your ticket and you select your clamshell, the attendant will set it up for you. I would recommend selecting one with the mesh panel in back to provide some ventilation. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dawnya00 said:

How much are they? I don't see them listed in the excursions. Thanks!

$45.

There are conflicting reports on whether you are allowed to use your $50 shore ex credit for the clam shell on GSC. You can not use the credit for a clam shell at Harvest Caye. 

Edited by BirdTravels

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

There are conflicting reports on whether you are allowed to use your $50 shore ex credit for the clam shell on GSC. You can not use the credit for a clam shell at Harvest Caye. 

The shore excursion credit worked for us, but people trying a few days later on our cruise could not use the credit. So, I think it may have been a brief configuration error on the website that allowed the application of the credit.

yes, sometime after October of last year that stopped offering this as an excursion.  I say October because that was the last time I was able to book it as an excursion, using the excursion credit to make the rental free.  I don't know if it was an error or not.  The clamshells used to always be listed as an excursion back when the excursion credit was $50 per port, rather than per excursion.  this goes back to before covid.  they then removed it as an excursion, but bought it back for a time last year.  But, as we can see, it's gone again

we booked ours in November and used the $50 credit.  One of these replies says you get priority tender when reserving a clam shell.  Is that true?  If so does that mean we don't need to sign up for a tender?

Thanks

We've been twice and never saw a need for booking before getting to Great Stirrup Cay. Granted, they could be sold out, but that hasn't been our experience. We always rent the chairs, with umbrella, as we like having the wind breeze through our hair. We've seen plenty of people just come up and rent the clamshells though, even on a sailing that was well over occupancy.