B2B extra tips

Wondermouse

I know that gratuities are included on Azamara, but we usually give more to certain people on the ship. Do most of you tip at the end of each cruise segment if your room Stewart and waiters etc are around for the other segments, or do you wait until the very end and provide a larger tip ( for those that do)?

Thanks

Wondermouse

10 minutes ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

If Im in the same cabin for both cruises I usually wait till the end of second cruise to tip  if on B2B. 

Ive had my room steward change between cruises, one finished a contract the last I think just got moved around.  I was not impressed as much with our second steward who told me they’d come from the 8th or 6th floor I’m now not positive.  

2 hours ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

If Im in the same cabin for both cruises I usually wait till the end of second cruise to tip  if on B2B. 

That's what we did on Az. We are not into bribing for better service as some report doing!

3 hours ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

You can not assume that you will have the same cabin personnel on both parts of your B2B.  Tip at the end of each leg.

DON

• Like 2

Agree staff move around also it might be on the second leg there’s something special they want to do in port so we always treat each leg as separate. The only thing we do as one is the crewfund which we usually do one donation towards the end of the first cruise. 
By the way never noticed any difference in service on leg 2 but weren’t expecting it or really looking for examples. Any differences were due to staff already knowing our preferences 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Wondermouse said:

Can you explain what a crew fund is and used for?

The crew fund I think it’s official title is the Crew Welfare fund is administered by a representative committee of all staff. It gets a contribution from the cruise line and is used to buy extras for the crew. These extras include parties excursions bingo prizes dvds computer games etc etc etc. The fund can be greatly enhanced by donations from guests. Many guests see this as a fairer way to make additional tips as all crew benefit not just the ones in your face so to speak. So the chef who cooked the meal, the laundry man who did the napkins, the engineer who keeps the temperature right etc etc etc. It’s a fund the crew love sharing in an inclusive and creative way. You can donate at guest relations and you usually receive a nice thank you note later on so you know your donation has arrived safely 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

On 1/15/2023 at 11:04 AM, Wondermouse said:

I know that gratuities are included on Azamara, but we usually give more to certain people on the ship. Do most of you tip at the end of each cruise segment if your room Stewart and waiters etc are around for the other segments, or do you wait until the very end and provide a larger tip ( for those that do)?

Thanks

Wondermouse

As long as the room stewards don't change, we tipi at the end.  Sometimes a steward may rotate off or to another area.  We have found they are pretty good at letting you know when this will happen.

• Like 1