The $2.00 bill saga.

Cruise5life

1 hour ago, SeaShark said:

You know better, those are definitely not new bills. Likely more than 5 years old tbh.

Yeah it’s called NOS.   New old stock.  

you think they have a person putting these all in serial number order? And banding them 🤷🤷

6 minutes ago, Cruise5life said:

Yeah it’s called NOS.   New old stock.  

you think they have a person putting these all in serial number order? And banding them 🤷🤷

New old stock might be a nice name, but it still is different than new (hence the need for the different name). You can have a 2017 Automobile that has never been driven, but that doesn't make it "new".

And given that you are a professed uber-user of this currency, I think you wouldn't make a rookie mistake like not being able to tell the difference between new and 5+ year old bills. I was surprised that you, of all people, missed a very obvious fact.

And no, I don't think they have a person putting bills in serial number order and banding them. I think that is all done by machine. Why do you ask, do you think I said that people did this?

22 hours ago, Joesantos said:

Clemson Tigers fans stamp em with a tiger face and tip with $2 ‘s when they travel for Bowl Games! It’s a cool 😎 tradition. I guarantee you will be remembered by bar staff if you bring em. Also if you order em from the bank in large amounts they usually com in sequential order! Be unique!

US bills that are torn, damaged, or marked up with ink are almost universally not accepted outside of the US. This may work fine at the superbowl; but giving it as a tip on a cruise ship is giving them a souvenir only. Not money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, New2cruise2022 said:

For the record, I can be inconvenienced by $2 bills. I wouldn't turn them down.

Nobody in their right mind turns down free money.  That said, and stating the obvious, the point that many have made is that it is highly likely that most would prefer two singles to a 2 dollar bill.  I know I would and I'm guessing that you would as well.

1 minute ago, LloydJr said:

Nobody in their right mind turns down free money.  That said, and stating the obvious, the point that many have made is that it is highly likely that most would prefer two singles to a 2 dollar bill.  I know I would and I'm guessing that you would as well.

Absolutely. I even prefer three singles to a $2 bill. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, SeaShark said:

New old stock might be a nice name, but it still is different than new (hence the need for the different name). You can have a 2017 Automobile that has never been driven, but that doesn't make it "new".

That not entirely correct. If the vehicle has never been titled, registered, or reported as sold to the manufacturer, it is brand new. You simply won't have the manufacturers warranty left. 

As far as 2 dollar bills go, I'm not against them. We add additional tip based on extraordinary service. If I had a 2 dollar bill and a crew member turned it down or got upset, I'd be less than happy. It's US currency. 

Just my .02 cents, or should I say 2 Dollars 🤣

Edited by adamnoone

10 minutes ago, adamnoone said:

As far as 2 dollar bills go, I'm not against them. We add additional tip based on extraordinary service. If I had a 2 dollar bill and a crew member turned it down or got upset, I'd be less than happy. It's US currency. 

I don't think a crew member will turn down receiving a unicorn that can buy them something...but you being "less than happy" means you want attention. Just give the crew a tip and move on. There doesn't need to be a story, something unique, etc. They gave you good service, so you gave them cash, preferably the easiest cash they can spend. If they say no, then keep the money and shut up. 

Good lord y'all, why's this so complicated? Oh.....ego. Right. I forgot. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cruiseny4life said:

I don't think a crew member will turn down receiving a unicorn that can buy them something...but you being "less than happy" means you want attention. Just give the crew a tip and move on. There doesn't need to be a story, something unique, etc. They gave you good service, so you gave them cash, preferably the easiest cash they can spend. If they say no, then keep the money and shut up. 

Good lord y'all, why's this so complicated? Oh.....ego. Right. I forgot. 

I'm on your side. Tip is a tip. Who cares what denomination the bills are? Maybe I'll grab a stack for my upcoming Prima voyage 🤑💸

6 minutes ago, adamnoone said:

I'm on your side. Tip is a tip. Who cares what denomination the bills are? Maybe I'll grab a stack for my upcoming Prima voyage 🤑💸

I'm just confused why you'd be less than happy? 

If someone thrusts a fistful of 2's at me I'd happily grab them and make my way to the bank for a more useful denomination. Cashiers don't know how to count back your change. You think they're going to know what a $2 is? Probably call the cops on me for trying to pass counterfeit bills.

Haha...have fun handing them out! 

2 minutes ago, Cruising Lynne said:

Two days later, and we still need a dead horse emoji. It doesn't end. 🙄 I know I could just scroll on by the thread, but I might miss out on finding out a good reason for using a two dollar bill. 

Hey! We're trying to hit our tenth page. Didn't you read? 😉

6 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

If someone thrusts a fistful of 2's at me I'd happily grab them and make my way to the bank for a more useful denomination. Cashiers don't know how to count back your change. You think they're going to know what a $2 is? Probably call the cops on me for trying to pass counterfeit bills.

Haha...have fun handing them out! 

Hey! We're trying to hit our tenth page. Didn't you read? 😉

I guess I am helping out then?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I was saying I wouldn’t be thrilled if I opted to tip using a $2 and the crew member was snarky about it. Doubt they would be though. 

Happy cruising. I’m ready to be on the water again. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, adamnoone said:

That not entirely correct. If the vehicle has never been titled, registered, or reported as sold to the manufacturer, it is brand new. You simply won't have the manufacturers warranty left. 

Just my .02 cents, or should I say 2 Dollars 🤣

This is 100% correct.   A vehicle that has never been registered and vin’ed at the DMV is a new car. Just because it’s been sitting and it sold doesn’t make it used.      And some dealers will add in a service warranty with the sale to get it off the lot.    

18 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

Went to Cartagena with 10.00 in 2’s.   Came back with 0 2’s.    Every vendor accepted my 2.00 bills for items I bought.      

i even got local currency in exchange.  

again.  Never have I had an issue spending my 2’s.      

80CD63DC-D7A6-41A9-BB61-578E943C9B7A.jpeg

I like this post. 

This shows every worker on the ship what they could get from the marketplace once they provide enough extraordinary service to earn five tips.

It gives them a goal to shoot for.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Cruise5life said:

This is 100% correct.   A vehicle that has never been registered and vin’ed at the DMV is a new car. Just because it’s been sitting and it sold doesn’t make it used.      And some dealers will add in a service warranty with the sale to get it off the lot.    

Wait. Now you're saying it's new? I thought it was "new old stock"?

Why are you constantly redefining your terms? 

image.jpeg.0fbefa816c4c842548526fd6c9a25f09.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 1/18/2023 at 11:47 AM, Joesantos said:

Clemson Tigers fans stamp em with a tiger face and tip with $2 ‘s when they travel for Bowl Games! It’s a cool 😎 tradition. I guarantee you will be remembered by bar staff if you bring em. Also if you order em from the bank in large amounts they usually com in sequential order! Be unique!

That's lovely.  Let's illegally deface a legal note intentionally.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1