Sunset veranda vs Aqua stateroom on Edge on a 11 day cruise?

dleahy4444

I just saw a sunset veranda become available on my upcoming Edge 11 day sailing, so I jumped on it. My original cabin was an infinite veranda, which I am not fond of, so I had made a Move Up bid for an Aqua stateroom. Now that I’m in the sunset veranda I’m rethinking if I want to bid on the Aqua stateroom. If I win the bid I’ll have to give up the sunset veranda. We do enjoy sitting on a real balcony and enjoying the sunshine. However I like the idea of eating at Blu and it would break up the monotony of the MDR every night on a long cruise. Of course I can stay in the sunset veranda and throw in a few specialty dinners. Balcony or Blu? Tough choice. I’ve never stayed in Aqua before. Is Blu worth it? Anyone face the same choice in the past? What would you do? 

I have sailed Aqua and also a Sunset Veranda on Edge class.  

The Sunset veranda cabin was a little larger, length mainly...the balcony was HOT...very sunny...maybe the weather was especially hot...it is also a LONG walk to the cabins, and I like to walk.  

BLU is a nice change when in Aqua...I'm not a MDR guy, my Wife and I did a combo of BLU and Specialties on a 7 day.  The Spa is nice too for a change.  I'm fairly neutral on the infinite veranda..I don't dislike it enough not to book, nor like it enough to make me "have to have it".  

Hard to go wrong either way.  

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were in an infinite veranda on the Edge  and a sunset came available and we switched and am looking forward to a real balcony and aft. Our last few cruises were in sky suites but the prices have jumped up so much. Our next seven day is in a aqua. this 10 day we are doing a veranda without any package for the first time. I think with the dining room being separated into four dining spaces it will feel like dining  in different restaurants each night so look forward to just trying it out. But we are also booking Eden one day. and if we are not happy with the main dining we will try to book in more specialty restaurants.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I have sailed Aqua and also a Sunset Veranda on Edge class.  

The Sunset veranda cabin was a little larger, length mainly...the balcony was HOT...very sunny...maybe the weather was especially hot...it is also a LONG walk to the cabins, and I like to walk.  

BLU is a nice change when in Aqua...I'm not a MDR guy, my Wife and I did a combo of BLU and Specialties on a 7 day.  The Spa is nice too for a change.  I'm fairly neutral on the infinite veranda..I don't dislike it enough not to book, nor like it enough to make me "have to have it".  

Hard to go wrong either way.  

I have to agree.  I know its not a popular sentiment, but I am not a fan of sunset veranda.  There was never any shade and it was awfully hot.  Personally, I do not mind the IV.