Pre-booking excursions and specialty dining

asebastian

I'm asking this question that may have asked many times before (but I can't seem to find the topics). If I pre-book any ship excursions and specialty dining, does the amounts count towards the cruise credits?

Thanks for your patience in responding to this silly question!

1 minute ago, leerathje said:

I take it you have Have it All

Not at the moment, I am still debating the pros and cons. Financially it doesn't make sense for us as we are not big on alcohol (would probably get a couple bottles of wine, that's all). We also usually do independent excursions, and very rarely buy ship excursions. Having said that, I'm being bombarded by HAL offering 50% on the HIA at the moment!

It is my understanding that if you pre book those things  - they do not count as on board spending -  Just wait till you get on unless you have to have a certain excursion - never had a problem booking on board

6 hours ago, asebastian said:

I'm asking this question that may have asked many times before (but I can't seem to find the topics). If I pre-book any ship excursions and specialty dining, does the amounts count towards the cruise credits?

Thanks for your patience in responding to this silly question!

Yes, it counts. Discussed here many times.

• Like 2

I also never use ship excursions and took the HIA.

1) Your HIA excursion amount can be prebooked and will apply.

2) Any traditional OBC from HAL or your travel agent will not apply. If you prebook excursions choosing more than your HIA amount, you have to pay remaining amount with your card at time of prebooking. 

3) You should really prebook if you want any selection. Almost every excursion was sold out on my 13 day cruise except for a few very expensive selections. 

18 hours ago, asebastian said:

As CruiserBruce answered: Yes, absolutely. 
Cruise Days are based on charges, no matter when purchased---pre-cruise or onboard.