How to confirm port has been cancelled

travelgip

I was noticing that on the port calendars (Tiano & Amber) that Escape was originally scheduled to stop at Amber on 1/23, but not its not on there anymore (it was there yesterday) and not listed on the Tiano port schedule either.  How can I confirm with NCL it's cancelled.  I have an excursion booked through the cruise line and want to make sure I am refunded if we don't stop there.

If we are not stopping there, where would you guess it would be going?  Nassau?

Thank you

Oh my. I think you need to start reading a few threads. You're not going to have confirmation until NCL decides to tell you. Since you're cruising in four days, you might know today, tomorrow, or the day before you are scheduled to arrive. Here's some voluminous reading material:

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, travelgip said:

I was noticing that on the port calendars (Tiano & Amber) that Escape was originally scheduled to stop at Amber on 1/23, but not its not on there anymore (it was there yesterday) and not listed on the Tiano port schedule either.  How can I confirm with NCL it's cancelled.  I have an excursion booked through the cruise line and want to make sure I am refunded if we don't stop there.

Thank you

If your concern is an NCL booked excursion, they will refund it if you don’t go to your port.  You don’t need to do anything.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

I still see Escape at Puerto Plata on the 23rd.  Only other ship is the Carnival Freedom.  I'd say there is a good chance it will not be cancelled.  With only two ships they could both be at Amber Cove.  

Which port did you see this in?  I checked both and Escape is not on either for 1/23

1 hour ago, travelgip said:

Thank you

You can not confirm the cancellation of the port.

You will  know when you get notified by NCL via email ("Important Information for you, Norwegian Escape") or you will find out at check-in this weekend. 

I would check with your fellow passengers on your roll call here or other social media sites. 

If you are on a smaller ship, or if fewer than 2 ships are scheduled for Amber Cove, you might keep the DR.  

If it is cancelled, the most likely options based upon sailings for the past few months are either:  replacement with a sea day, replacement with a stop in Nassau, or a stop in Great Stirrup Kay, NCL's private island.  Please note that GSK is a tender port and is highly weather dependent. 

54 minutes ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

I still see Escape at Puerto Plata on the 23rd.

30 minutes ago, travelgip said:

Which port did you see this in?  I checked both and Escape is not on either for 1/23

I agree, @travelgip, the Escape is not on either of the official port web sites for 1/23. (If it's showing on a third-party site, I would not rely on that.)

https://www.porttainobay.com/es/arrivals

https://www.ambercove.com/Port-Schedule.aspx

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kitkat343 said:

If you are on a smaller ship, or if fewer than 2 ships are scheduled for Amber Cove, you might keep the DR.  

If it is cancelled, the most likely options based upon sailings for the past few months are either:  replacement with a sea day, replacement with a stop in Nassau, or a stop in Great Stirrup Kay, NCL's private island.  Please note that GSK is a tender port and is highly weather dependent. 

Sorry - that probably should have read

If you are on a smaller ship, or if fewer than 2 ships are scheduled for Amber Cove, there should be space for your ship to dock in the DR.  However, NCL has been making a lot of changes recently so just because there is space for your ship doesn't necessarily mean the port will be kept (

).  

Checking the official port schedule is your best bet at confirmation.

Edited by kitkat343

22 hours ago, travelgip said:

Thank you

Best way, get on the ship and see where it goes! :)

• Haha 1

Wake up the morning of your port day. Look outside. Do you see the DR? If not, your port has been cancelled. Other than that, I don’t think I’d trust NCL. Note that if your excursion is booked via NCL, no need to worry about canceling. That will be done automatically. 

I'm on the Escape this weekend and hoping we go to Nassau.  Had a cruise in September to Bermuda for an overnight that skipped Bermuda completly and went to Miami and Nassau instead.  Had a wonderful time.  I just hope we stop somewhere, the ship looks crowded.  

2 hours ago, wcook said:

Wake up the morning of your port day. Look outside. Do you see the DR? If not, your port has been cancelled. Other than that, I don’t think I’d trust NCL. Note that if your excursion is booked via NCL, no need to worry about canceling. That will be done automatically. 

Also, the private tour operators are very familiar with NCL cancelling stops in the DR because they've been doing this since March without notifying cruisers.  When you contact private tour operators, they explain their cancellation policy explicitly because they want to avoid problems. 

You would probably only have problems with places like Ocean World, so it might be helpful to hold off on buying tickets in advance to somewhere like that unless you are sure your trip insurance would cover it.

49 minutes ago, AK Dreaming said:

I'm on the Escape this weekend and hoping we go to Nassau.  Had a cruise in September to Bermuda for an overnight that skipped Bermuda completly and went to Miami and Nassau instead.  Had a wonderful time.  I just hope we stop somewhere, the ship looks crowded.  

The Encore docked in Taino Bay today. 

1 hour ago, AK Dreaming said:

I agree on Escape in 15 days