Tote bags for on ship

Beachfrog

Just curious. While I have several “beach bags“, they are too large to carry on the ship. What type of tote bag do you carry while on the Lido deck? Such as to carry your sunglasses, sunscreen, hats, etc.? Thanks!

• Like 1

look into daypacks.  Small enough to carry essentials, but easy to conceal under towels.  I have a great cross body sling bag that i use for going out on excursions.  I like to pick up pamphlets and a do a scrapbook with some cut outs and pictures

• Like 1

I use thisBydenwely Women's Tote Bag Small... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KWV7943?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share small tote bag. Holds a tiny zippered wallet hing for my Sea Oass card, sunscreen, sunglasses case, my Kindle, a word search book for my husband, and chapstick. We get a dry towel at the towel station and find a chair, we don’t need ack them or carry them around.

I bring three bags onboard, and I consider them the perfect combination: 

1.  I wear a small day-pack while boarding.  This is enough to hold electronics, medicines, documents and anything else I don't want to "send through" with the porters.  I also use this for island stops.  

2.  I pack a small open-top tote, which originally held gift items from Bath & Body Works.  It's 15" wide x 7" high, making it considerably smaller than the average beach tote bag.  I like this size because it's big enough to hold sunscreen, sunglasses and my Kindle -- but it easily fits under my pool chair.  I can roll up a beach towel and lay it over the top /hold it in place by carrying the tote with the handles.  I rarely carry a hat, but -- if I were to do so -- I'd unhook the back closure and hook the hat around one of the straps.  I really enjoy this tote and have probably had it 15 years.  

3.  A small wristlet purse to carry to dinner or around the ship.  This is enough to carry my sea pass, a chapstick, a small lotion, and a camera.  I always keep a purse hook, which allows me to hook the wristlet on a table instead of keeping it on my lap.  

These are my exact bags -- except that my Lily Bloom purse is a different pattern: 

Screenshot 2023-01-21 5.09.14 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-21 5.10.40 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-21 5.18.09 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-21 5.22.45 PM.png

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

No.  As long as they are downloaded to your device, not in your cloud library.  EM

Right -- if you've already downloaded the books at home, you can access them on the ship.  

On the other hand, if you were trying to buy a new book /download a new book onboard, you'd need to have internet service.  

On 1/21/2023 at 6:08 PM, LynnieDec said:

question about your Kindle; do I have to pay fees to access my downloaded books on kindle? thx

Be sure to download *plenty* of books ahead of time. Even if you have shipboard internet, your data-cap may prevent getting any but the smallest book!