Australian ETA

4 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Apply online but only through Government web site. Other sites charge rip-off fees.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/visitor-600/tourist-stream-overseas

For the Aus ETA, you have to use the govt app available from the app stores on your phone. You cannot do it online anymore. The link you have provided is not for the ETA.

Edited by possum52
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, bulldogcruisers said:

Can you apply for the ETA on line or is it just with an app on phone?

No, you can only apply on the app or if you don't have a sutiable phone you will have to apply for another tourist visa. 

Aus ETA -

Important information about the ETA

All ETA-eligible passport holders must apply for an ETA using the Australian ETA app. For more information, see our Step by step guide. 
If you are unable to use the app, you can apply online through ImmiAccount for another visa that suits your needs.
European passport holders may be eligible for an eVisitor (subclass 651)

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

For the Aus ETA, you have to use the govt app available from the app stores on your phone. You cannot do it online anymore. The link you have provided is not for the ETA.

I'm finding hard to keep up with tech these days.

Had trouble navigating the HAL Navigator app.

Next thing there'll be an app to manage apps.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/21/2023 at 5:04 PM, possum52 said:

No, you can only apply on the app or if you don't have a sutiable phone you will have to apply for another tourist visa. 

Aus ETA -

Important information about the ETA

All ETA-eligible passport holders must apply for an ETA using the Australian ETA app. For more information, see our Step by step guide. 
If you are unable to use the app, you can apply online through ImmiAccount for another visa that suits your needs.
European passport holders may be eligible for an eVisitor (subclass 651)

Thanks to your excellent info we got the Australian ETA done.  Didn't take the 15 minutes that some people seem to take, but it didn't take an hour either :)  Quite easy, no problems with camera or passport reading (+chip). I would have liked some pop-ups to explain a few items, though. Alias = maiden name, address in Australia = cruiseship?  It worked is all is good.  I hope the NZ ETA is as easy.  I keep getting "retry" with it. I hope it isn't a hassle.

Again, thanks for your help over the past months!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilvertoGold said:

I hope the NZ ETA is as easy.  I keep getting "retry" with it. I hope it isn't a hassle.

You could try the on line version for the nzeta, it costs only a tad more than applying via the app - about NZ$5 more.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jean C said:

You could try the on line version for the nzeta, it costs only a tad more than applying via the app - about NZ$5 more.

Thanks, Jean.  Luckily all went relatively well with the NZ ETA.  Took a lot of tries to get the photo done and 55 minutes to get the emailed notices for acceptance of the application and the ETA.  Watching that circle going around and around and around didn't make my day any more pleasant, but it is done. Thinking now we need to do another Australia and NZ cruise in the October, too,  just to get our work's worth out of these two ETAs :)  Thanks for all your help with the logistics of ETA applications.

• Like 2

I had to do both.  Just make sure when filling it out, you do it correctly and ensure all your answers are correct.  I accidently selected yes I was convicted of a crime and had to do the long route to get it fixes.  So, it does work, and it's pretty fast, just ensure your answers are correct.