Ravenna Cruise Shuttle

DebTheGerman

I agree, however, especially in Rome and Florence watch out for pick pockets. They have a trick. You get splashed with water from a balcony. A handsome young man sitting at a cafe table jumps up with napkins to help dry you off. You don’t know what’s missing until he’s long gone. Leave your passport and one credit card in the hotel safe. My friend was hit by a scooter near the pointe vecchio and spent the next day at the embassy getting emergency replacement. A photocopy of your passport will be a giant help. 

On 3/27/2023 at 1:46 PM, STLCRUISIN said:

We are staying in Venice in the fall and travelling to Ravenna. I looked into transfers from both Find Transfers (got 5 quotes) and Celebrity (Called my TA and got the cost information, $58). There is also the train but it's not direct to Ravenna but rather ends in Bologna and you transfer to a Ravenna train. I believe there's also a bus (FlixBus) you can take from Venice to Ravenna.

We are on the Constellation in August and I called Celebrity and never was told they had a shuttle from city only airport. I’m really disappointed with Celebrity and their help with excursions, transfers. I’m about to go nuts putting all these pieces together. I ended up doing private transfer from hotel to Ravenna. It was not cheap but I got sick of looking so many things up!

13 minutes ago, Eastsideirish said:

We are on the Constellation in August and I called Celebrity and never was told they had a shuttle from city only airport. I’m really disappointed with Celebrity and their help with excursions, transfers. I’m about to go nuts putting all these pieces together. I ended up doing private transfer from hotel to Ravenna. It was not cheap but I got sick of looking so many things up!

When I first called about shuttle from Ravenna, I was told airport only. I had read on these boards that people booked from Ravenna to Venice City and then she checked with supervisor and then said yes. Then she did the booking. Just be persistent.

27 minutes ago, Eastsideirish said:

The Flix Bus is easy and leaves from Venice to Ravenna.  Not very hard.  A Google search.

Travel today sounds like it might not be good for you.  Have had 9 changes to just airline flights for my upcoming cruise, one hotel sold and closed and numerous other challenges including changes to cruise ports and excursions. 

Being flexible is a requirement for travel today.

PS have used Flix in both US and Europe.  Just fine and on time.  Cheap too.

• Like 2

I am on the May 15th Constellation sailing from Ravenna.  We are flying into Rome on May 13th and spending two nights in Florence before our sailing date.  We are using Trenitalia to get from Rome to Florence and then to Ravenna on sailing date.  We had our TA call Celebrity and purchase transfers from Ravenna train station.  We arrive at Ravenna train station at 12:15 with the hope of boarding time at 1:00PM.

3 hours ago, ravenrob said:

I am on the May 15th Constellation sailing from Ravenna.  We are flying into Rome on May 13th and spending two nights in Florence before our sailing date.  We are using Trenitalia to get from Rome to Florence and then to Ravenna on sailing date.  We had our TA call Celebrity and purchase transfers from Ravenna train station.  We arrive at Ravenna train station at 12:15 with the hope of boarding time at 1:00PM.

Last year we did almost the same thing. Flew to Rome for 3 nights and then took the amazing express Italian train to Florence for 3 nights and then took it to Venice for 3 more nights.

Really Disappointed with Celebrity, you get quite the run-around just to find out about cruise shuttles and disembarkation times, called several times. I am on the 5/15 Constallation cruise, needed a shuttle back to Bologna airport. 

Here is what I found out today:

#1 If you didn't book through Celebrity directly, you have to go through your travel agent

#2 If taking the Celebrity shuttle, earliest allowed flight time: Bologna: 11:00 AM, Venice: 12:15 pm.

I assume they are looking at US departures only, my flight is within Europe, luckily at 11 am...

#3 I booked the cruise through United Cruises, they charge $40/person for the shuttle (very reasonable)

The shuttle was still available (4/24/2023)

#4 Nobody could ever tell me the disembarkation times for walk offs, just that the ship lands at 5 am.

This makes planning any transportation really difficult. I was initally thinking about taking the train to Bologna, a 11 am departure might not work with that.

Edited by CalTravel

Hallo,

on our last cruise from Venice we drove down from NRW, stayed overnight and parked the car next to the ship, the next morning by 8,15 am we were long gone bofore the traffic started.

happy cruising

Stephen

3 minutes ago, stephenp said:

Hallo,

on our last cruise from Venice we drove down from NRW, stayed overnight and parked the car next to the ship, the last morning by 8,15 am we were long gone bofore the traffic started.

happy cruising

Stephen

• 10 months later...

my cruise: Constellation on Sept.6, 2024 out of Venice but port is Ravenna ( 2 hrs away) 😒... Just called Celebrity and was told that to avail of transfer to Ravenna port are  for pax with  flights on same day of the cruise ONLY...Since, we are flying 2 days prior, I guess we are on our own...The shuttle bus at Tronchetto ...Is that by Celebrity? How do we make a reservation? The train in Ravenna is still 30 mins to the port according to some reviews... so frustrating... Any other options? Help... Thanks 

We are sailing from Ravenna to Rome in the fall as well.  Flying into VCE several days early.  Our TA called Celebrity and booked us on the Celebrity transfer from city center/Tronchetto on the sailing day. It was $56ish pp and added to our cruise invoice.  The first Celebrity rep she spoke with said there was no such transfer.  Our TA called back the next day, spoke to someone else, and booked us.  Celebrity could certainly make it easier.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

There are post about Venice shuttles on Italy forum and also on royal carib forum. Information should be similar for Celebrity, which is owned by RCI. We took the shuttle from Tronchetto in August. Shuttle is for cruise guests.  You book via travel agent or cruise line. Agents will have a list with your name to check in. FYI-no bathroom on 2 hr ride, but stop for bathroom midway. Have euro change. 

Edited by elaine5

Hi,

If you have a few days to kill before the cruise from Ravenna and are flying into Venice, then enjoy Venice for a day or two and then take a train to Bologna (which takes just over an hour). Business Class on the fast trains is mega cheap.

Then either stay overnight in Bologna (and go Ravenna on cruise day)  or change trains for a local slower train to Ravenna (again around an hour) and stay overnight in a hotel there.

Then on cruise day, if you can't sort a taxi (as they cannot really cope with cruise ship passenger volumes), take the No.90 bus from outside the train station to the bus stop right outside the port which takes around 30 minutes and costs a few euros. It is not the best way or the most cosy, but we did it for our cruise last year.

BTW RCI did offer transfers from Bologna Airport and Bologna Train Station to the ship on cruise day, so it may be worth finding out if you can get transfers from there if you can't from Venice, that way it may be worth staying in Bologna the night before. There are plenty hotels near the train station too and some nice restaurants within walking distance.

Mick.

11 hours ago, Katiemaya said:

my cruise: Constellation on Sept.6, 2024 out of Venice but port is Ravenna ( 2 hrs away) 😒... Just called Celebrity and was told that to avail of transfer to Ravenna port are  for pax with  flights on same day of the cruise ONLY...Since, we are flying 2 days prior, I guess we are on our own...The shuttle bus at Tronchetto ...Is that by Celebrity? How do we make a reservation? The train in Ravenna is still 30 mins to the port according to some reviews... so frustrating... Any other options? Help... Thanks 

Sailing the Connie June 2024 ~ I am flying in a few days early and booked flights on my own, called Cel and had the bus transfer VCE to Ravenna added to my booking confirmation. I'll meet back at the airport for the bus day of sailing. I'd call again, what you were told is incorrect. 

Patty 

15 hours ago, Katiemaya said:

Call back and get someone else I took the bus from the city center in Venice without a problem are your flights by Celebrity?

VCE to Ravenna Port - Mission Accomplished 😁 ...Bus Shuttle ( $58/pp)- at Tronchetto booked already for  Celebrity Connie , added on my itinerary... Got the right agent this time....Thank You so much for the info ...👌

• Like 1

This is the pedestrian bridge just past Santa Lucia train station. You have to be able to carry your own luggage and there are a lot of steps--but they also have porters (for a fee) to carry it up. After that, cross the street to get to People Mover (tall white/glass bldg far right corner). You purchase a ticket inside the People Mover bldg from the machine. I believe it's the last stop, not the middle one. 

ven_piazzale-roma-bus-terminus_13_blog.jpg

• 1 month later...

I am going onboard Connie this Fall and flying into Bologna a few days prior. The cruise starts in Ravenna and I have to somehow make my way from Bologna to Ravenna. Spoke to 2 different Celebrity reps who told me that they do not provide shuttle service to Ravenna from Bologna for folks who fly in before the embarkation day. Is this correct or is there actually a paid shuttle provided from the Bologna city center or airport? Any advice you all can provide would be very much appreciated. 

10 hours ago, Oracle Light said:

I am going onboard Connie this Fall and flying into Bologna a few days prior. The cruise starts in Ravenna and I have to somehow make my way from Bologna to Ravenna. Spoke to 2 different Celebrity reps who told me that they do not provide shuttle service to Ravenna from Bologna for folks who fly in before the embarkation day. Is this correct or is there actually a paid shuttle provided from the Bologna city center or airport? Any advice you all can provide would be very much appreciated. 

While not a Celebrity shuttle, you CAN take a train from Bologna to Ravenna.  In your Cruise Planner, you can book the Celebrity shuttle from the Ravenna train station to the ship.  Hope this helps.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, MikeMary4449 said:

While not a Celebrity shuttle, you CAN take a train from Bologna to Ravenna.  In your Cruise Planner, you can book the Celebrity shuttle from the Ravenna train station to the ship.  Hope this helps.

There are frequent, direct regional (not high speed) trains from Bologna to Ravenna.  You can book local transport from Ravenna to the ship here:  https://www.visitravenna.it/en  There is a monorail directly from the Bologna airport to Bologna Centralle train station.  No need to book regional trains in advance.  They are fixed price and do not sell out.   In the past Celebrity has run shuttles to the ship from the Ravenna train station  BTW, taxis are in short supply in Ravenna on the morning any ship embarks so don't count on being able to get one.

Edited by Travelling2Some

We are planning to fly into Bologna as well.  Then take the monorail or taxi to the Bologna train station and from there a train to Ravenna.   We will take a shuttle from Ravenna to the cruise port.

On 5/7/2024 at 2:32 AM, Oracle Light said:

Last year we took the Celebrity shuttle from the ship to the Bologna train station.  I believe they  were loading it with arriving passengers to go to the ship for the next sailing.

I believe they provide this transfer service so be persistent asking for it.   I believe it was just over $30 pp.

Thanks everyone for all your responses! I called Celebrity again today and was able to book a transfer shuttle from Bologna train station to Ravenna port. They will be picking up passengers on the day of embarkation and will be there from 8-11am. The cost is $14USD per person. I hope this info helps anyone else who wants to spend a few days in Bologna pre-cruise. 

• Like 1