Turkey Visas

dock

Hi all, do you arrange your own Visas ( needed for Turkey ) or is it easier to allow O to do it?

O is considerably more but if it expedites the process then we’re willing to them let handle it. 
(Canadian passports)

TIA.

Going to have to research this myself since I'm on Riviera to Istanbul in November, 2023. BUT I do find this:

"- For foreigners wishing to enter Türkiye via naval ports with touristic purposes, visa-free entry permits may be issued by the local governorates. These permits shall have a maximum 72 hours duration of stay and will be only valid for sightseeing purposes in the vicinity of naval ports where they entered the country. This practice, as it intends to facilitate entry for those visitors subject to visa, does not entitle visitors to visa. Passports of these visitors are not retained by the border authorities; however, visitors are given "Harbor City Entry Permit" which is required to be returned to the authorities upon their exits." 

General Information About Turkish Visas / Republic of Türkiye Ministry of Foreign Affairs (mfa.gov.tr)

1 hour ago, dock said:

Flying into Athens and out of IST.

Will be doing a land trip after the  cruise  docks in Turkey. Thank you. 

You probably can apply for the E-Visa  before you go

read the rules on their website  to confirm

• Like 1

It is very easy to get the Turkish e-Visa yourself.   Their site is a little finicky, but you will save $50 a person by doing it on your own.   Took me less than 15 minutes to get both of our e-Visas.  And within a few minutes more we had the email with a link to print the actual e-Visa.

The e-Visa is good for entry into Turkey anytime within six months of the first date of entry you choose.   I backed the first entry date back about a week just in case we had any flight changes, as once you pick a date, you cannot enter anytime earlier, nor can you change the date after the visa has been issued.

You can apply for the e-Visa no more than 90 days before the first entry date.

Make sure you are on the official Turkish government site - there are a lot of "imposters" out there that will either steal your information or charge you a higher cost.    This is the official site:    https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

Joe

Edited by JoePDX
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

Going to have to research this myself since I'm on Riviera to Istanbul in November, 2023. BUT I do find this:

"- For foreigners wishing to enter Türkiye via naval ports with touristic purposes, visa-free entry permits may be issued by the local governorates. These permits shall have a maximum 72 hours duration of stay and will be only valid for sightseeing purposes in the vicinity of naval ports where they entered the country. This practice, as it intends to facilitate entry for those visitors subject to visa, does not entitle visitors to visa. Passports of these visitors are not retained by the border authorities; however, visitors are given "Harbor City Entry Permit" which is required to be returned to the authorities upon their exits." 

General Information About Turkish Visas / Republic of Türkiye Ministry of Foreign Affairs (mfa.gov.tr)

Thanks MeFlowa and LHT28 for this great info. 

Our cruise has a couple of stops in Turkey, then we fly out of Istanbul.  Within the EVisa Q&As https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/info/ there is this:

image.thumb.png.84c0ef8f81230c23e4545f6f14d5b2de.png

We will apply for an EVisa and relax a bit more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sofietucker said:

Only 72 hours? We are thinking of a 4-day jaunt to Cappadocia before boarding in Istanbul in Sept. So not a Harbour City visa. Guess we need to explore this further.

How are you arriving in Turkey?

See post #9  if arriving or  departing by air  then you need the E Visa

This is interesting to me because we've visited Turkey a number of times -- mostly on cruises but we did to a land tour with a private guide way back in 2000.  I just don't recall needing a visa!

Perhaps things have changed.  I think our last visit was in 2012, on a Black Sea cruise on Regatta which ended up in Istanbul.

But this is good to know!  We're not planning on visiting Turkey any time soon but we are now warned about possible problems.

Mura

We’ve also done Turkey before but both times I assume we had  Celebrity get the visas as I do not recall going through the process. 

We transitted IST to Crete once and didn’t need it then so it was a surprise when our TA mentioned getting a visa. 

Also planning a trip after  the cruise to Cappadocia and a couple more nights in Istanbul so I’d rather be safe and get a multiple entry visa.Good to know that’s it’s doable online. 

Thanks all. I really appreciate the help and patience answering questions from new O cruisers and I can’t wait for all y’all’s Vista reviews. 

From my TA:  There are no visa requirements for U.S. passport holders for your upcoming voyage on the Oceania Marina from Athens to Lisbon (Booking 3245421). Below is the info regarding cruise transit from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkey, found online here.

Foreigners who are travelling to Türkiye by cruises are allowed to enter Türkiye without visa for a maximum period of 72 hours, with the permission given by the local security authorities.

--Marne

2 hours ago, marne-c said:
From my TA:  There are no visa requirements for U.S. passport holders for your upcoming voyage on the Oceania Marina from Athens to Lisbon (Booking 3245421). Below is the info regarding cruise transit from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkey, found online here.

Foreigners who are travelling to Türkiye by cruises are allowed to enter Türkiye without visa for a maximum period of 72 hours, with the permission given by the local security authorities.

--Marne

If it is just a port stop  that is correct

If you are flying into or out of Turkey it is another story

37 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

If it is just a port stop  that is correct

If you are flying into or out of Turkey it is another story

Good note, @LHT28!  My wife and I are on the Marina pre-and post-Turkey , so my TA wouldn't have noted the air-arrival scenario.  I'm sorry for the incomplete information.

--Marne