Disappointment in Princess customer service

AJMissal

39 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Maybe you missed what I was trying to say but I was onboard and visiting guest services when I tried to apply my Carnival $100 card and they said they were unable to make it work.  And that’s where it ended for them.  And it was a Carnival card

I still say scam

Was it a gift card for Carnival Cruises or a gift card for Princess.  I didn't think CCL corporation sold one generic to all of their cruise lines (Holland America, Princess, Carnival, etc).

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Was it a gift card for Carnival Cruises or a gift card for Princess.  I didn't think CCL corporation sold one generic to all of their cruise lines (Holland America, Princess, Carnival, etc).

The card specifically states it applies to all Carnival owned lines, including Princess 

39 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

All of my gift cards were specific to Princess Cruises.

image.thumb.png.393f117e40f466ece1191abe7c217ee3.png

Ditto....haven't seen any for CCL in general, they were either for HAL, Princess or Carnival specifically.

• Thanks 1

https://cruise.blog/2021/12/what-you-should-know-buying-cruise-line-gift-card

Gift cards for Princess Cruises are only redeemable for purchases onboard Princess' ships or applied as payment to a Princess booking. 

Hope this helps.  You should have no trouble applying it to your account, ONCE on board.  I even took a random $10 debit card.  It did take 2 customer service agents to figure out how to apply it to my onboard account.

Edited by cr8tiv1

10 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Maybe you missed what I was trying to say but I was onboard and visiting guest services when I tried to apply my Carnival $100 card and they said they were unable to make it work.  And that’s where it ended for them.  And it was a Carnival card

I still say scam

My apologies for not catching the part about you being onboard with Customer Service and trying to apply your gift card.  It should have worked.  But I do not understand why this is a scam.  

I hope you were able to resolve this with American Express and that they give you a reasonable explanation for why you could not use this card THEY sold you.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

A Carnival Corporation card can be used on any of the Carnival Corp brand's ships., so it should have been accepted on board as well as pre-cruise.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

But it didn’t.  I’m really not making this up so not sure why you keep saying that it should have worked 

It obviously did not work for you. Nobody is saying you made this up.

I am saying it should have worked.

Princess did not accept the card as they should have.

That is why I "keep saying it should have worked."

It did not work, but it should have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1