Cruising from Miami flight is from Fort Lauderdale question

Illbcruzn4life

We are flying from FLL after our trip on the Celebration in April and was wondering what time Carnival says is OK to fly from FLL?

We are currently on a 2:20pm flight but one just opened up for noon and was wondering if it is doable.

We are also platinum and can get off early or do walk off and we are taking the Carnival bus to the airport.

TIA

Edited by Illbcruzn4life

21 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

We are flying from FLL after our trip on the Celebration in April and was wondering what time Carnival says is OK to fly from FLL?

We are currently on a 2:20pm flight but one just opened up for noon and was wondering if it is doable.

We are also platinum and can get off early or do walk off and we are taking the Carnival bus to the airport.

TIA

No one can predict what will happen on that day. What does your transport excursion say?

Ships generally arrive at 8ish in the morning 4 hours is plenty of time to make FLL

25 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

What airline are you flying? When i came in from Miami and had to catch a flight to FLL, I was at FLL by 9:00am (off the ship around 7:45ish, the van service I used waited for a few others but gave up and left for the airport). When I got there, I asked a customer service person if they'd bump me up to the earlier flight and they did (they didn't have to). YMMV, but noonish should (in most cases) be a safe bet.

Definitely make sure you self-disembark, though. The longer you wait, the longer it takes to get off the ship.

44 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

TIA

That Carnival shuttle isn’t always the most reliable form of transportation. When I was on Celebration I had the 9:30 shuttle ticket to Fort Lauderdale. I was out there at 9:10. The shuttle arrived at 10am. The shuttle didn’t leave until 11am. They dropped everyone at the airport at 11:40 in one spot between terminals 2 and 3. I was through security at 12:25.

57 minutes ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

No one can predict what will happen on that day. What does your transport excursion say?

Ships generally arrive at 8ish in the morning 4 hours is plenty of time to make FLL

here's what it says:

Flight and Transfer Times:
To purchase Carnival’s trasnportation service, your flight must arrive at Ft. Lauderdale International Airport no later than 11:30 AM on the day of your cruise. Transfer service will be provided from Ft. Lauderdale International Airport, one departure, at 12:00 PM.

So I guess I'd be OK but after reading Saint Gregs post I think I may change my transportation.

NOTSCB: We are flying on American airlines

2 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

here's what it says:

To purchase Carnival’s trasnportation service, your flight must arrive at Ft. Lauderdale International Airport no later than 11:30 AM on the day of your cruise. Transfer service will be provided from Ft. Lauderdale International Airport, one departure, at 12:00 PM.

That is referring to transportation from the airport to the ship at the start of your cruise, not the other way around.

Yes, you could typically make a noon flight out of FLL from PortMiami, but it'll be a little tight. As others said, do the self assist debarkation and get off the ship as early as you can.

We used SAS Transportation this past December to get from PortMiami to FLL and we were pleased with their service. Their website looks like it's from 1996, but they're still in business and I would use them again.

24 minutes ago, knagl said:

That is referring to transportation from the airport to the ship at the start of your cruise, not the other way around.

Yes, you could typically make a noon flight out of FLL from PortMiami, but it'll be a little tight. As others said, do the self assist debarkation and get off the ship as early as you can.

We used SAS Transportation this past December to get from PortMiami to FLL and we were pleased with their service. Their website looks like it's from 1996, but they're still in business and I would use them again.

Oops on the info going in the wrong direction. Its typical for me I guess . I don’t know if I’m coming or going. Lol

i already switched the flights and also emailed SAS. Ive used them a lot and they’ve always been. Most times I’m still getting off the ship and they are outside waiting for us. I also have Steve picking us up from our Fort Lauderdale hotel to take us to the ship.

Here is the correct info:

Return flights must not be any earlier than 1:00 PM on the day of debarkation. Transfer service will be provided for Ft. Lauderdale International Airport, one departure, at 9:30 AM.

as Saint Greg stated that’s too tight leaving at 9:30am.

thanks everybody for the replies. Very helpful and much appreciated

8 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

here's what it says:

So I guess I'd be OK but after reading Saint Gregs post I think I may change my transportation.

NOTSCB: We are flying on American airlines

I always use Carnival buses from POM to Fort Lauderdale airport.  The buses don't wait until completely full.  They wait until the coordinator dispatches them, usually when the next bus arrives.  I have priority debark and am frequently on the first bus heading out  8 am ish.  

11 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

and we are taking the Carnival bus to the airport.

Just saw this.

If you're getting off in MIA- do not take the cruise line transportation. That area is well-saturated with companies with vans, cars, buses etc. that you can use to get to FLL (for much cheaper and much less of a headache*). You could even take an uber across the bridge to the market and grab the flix bus to FLL and get there by noon with self-disembark.

Edited by notscb

4 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

I always use Carnival buses from POM to Fort Lauderdale airport.  The buses don't wait until completely full.  They wait until the coordinator dispatches them, usually when the next bus arrives.  I have priority debark and am frequently on the first bus heading out  8 am ish.  

So again Carnivals information is not correct. 😒 

Cruising from POM?  MIA airport is about a 20 minute cab ride and unless you arrive late and just want a bed most suggest not staying near the airport.  Lots of threads on downtown hotel suggestions.

FLL airport is about a 40+ minute ride from POM.  Several shared shuttle options will get you from FLL area hotels to POM (SAS is the most often suggested) for about $15 per person each way.  SAS has a list of hotels they pick up at posted on their web site.

5 hours ago, 1st said:

Which airport should we fly into and out of if we are going on Carnivals Celebration in April? How far are each of the airports from the Miami Port? Thanks for your help!!

12 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Cruising from POM?  MIA airport is about a 20 minute cab ride and unless you arrive late and just want a bed most suggest not staying near the airport.  Lots of threads on downtown hotel suggestions.

FLL airport is about a 40+ minute ride from POM.  Several shared shuttle options will get you from FLL area hotels to POM (SAS is the most often suggested) for about $15 per person each way.  SAS has a list of hotels they pick up at posted on their web site.

What is SAS?🤔  Trying to figure flights, transportation, hotels as well.  TIA.