Missed my check in….what will happen?

Avery's Gram

Life got out of control….we leave tomorrow for Bergen , joying the .Venus on Tuesday.  I realized today I had missed the check in date and cannot complete the form.  What kind of problems will this cause?  Thanks for any information…we’ve done lots of other cruises, but his is our first Viking Ocean…

I suspect no problems.  Once you board they’ll be happy to see you and will take care of everything. Enjoy your first time with Viking! Bergen is a very interesting and scenic port. We started our Northern Lights cruise from there. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

Thanks for the reassurance… we have had a bad medical diagnosis, a car accident and a refrigerator dying in the last few weeks.  I do not usually let things like this slip so I was appalled to realize just now that I’d missed a deadline!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Avery's Gram said:

Thanks for the reassurance… we have had a bad medical diagnosis, a car accident and a refrigerator dying in the last few weeks.  I do not usually let things like this slip so I was appalled to realize just now that I’d missed a deadline!

You will be downgraded to steerage and will have to write 1000 times "We shall never ever miss our check-in again." 😁

It will take you a bit longer to check-in and board as Viking will need to collect and check your information. Should be no biggie. 

• Haha 3

Not to worry.  We have yet to check in online prior to any cruise.  In fact, on the world cruise they had the lines divided up as to those who checked in and those who didn’t.  The passengers from the busses (3 arrived at the same time) were about equally divided.  It didn’t look like the checked in group line was moving an6 faster, despite having the same number of reps behind the counter of each side.

• Like 1

I don't do comfort check and I don't give them a credit card in advance.  

The only only thing that you have to do before you arrive on the dock is to fill out or update the PASSENGER INFORMATION FORM and that has to be done soon after you book.  

Edited by Peregrina651
  • Like 1