Passport

fpcruiser

41 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Don't have a time frame for you but I just recently saw it reported that you can now renew your passport online....finally!!!

This option existed for many years…

We did it in 2011 and 2020. 
You still need to send documents of course.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tatka said:

This option existed for many years…

We did it in 2011 and 2020. 
You still need to send documents of course.

The new online option (a pilot program) is different. You do not need to send documents. Your current passport becomes "cancelled" immediately when you submit online for renewal.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mets07 said:

The new online option (a pilot program) is different. You do not need to send documents. Your current passport becomes "cancelled" immediately when you submit online for renewal.

What about photos? 
You need to send new photos, correct?

4 minutes ago, Tatka said:

What about photos? 
You need to send new photos, correct?

You do that online as well.  You upload the file. You can even use a photo taken in your home as long as it follows their guidelines (white / off-white background, no shadows, etc.).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You can call or check status online. Promised time for expedited process is 3-5 weeks.

I renewed my mom’s passport online 11/30 and received new passport first week in Jan. Paid both expedited fee and shipping. The passport card came in separately in regular mail  a couple days later. 

On 1/29/2023 at 11:12 AM, AmberMurmer said:

Renewed online 11/27 and paid for expedited service...still don't have my passport and I leave in less than a month for my cruise...so that is my current experience with online passport renewal.

go to your account and make sure everything is all right, my husband applied for his mid november still has not received, looked again online and there was a message his photo was not acceptable the message was not there last week, and he never got an email about it.  we are hoping that he will receive it soon.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 1:45 PM, clochette said:

go to your account and make sure everything is all right, my husband applied for his mid november still has not received, looked again online and there was a message his photo was not acceptable the message was not there last week, and he never got an email about it.  we are hoping that he will receive it soon.

My online just says received and nothing else...so there is no message, email or letter. I am getting frustrated because I paid the extra money to expedite it to make sure I had it in plenty of time for our cruise (3 months should have been enough with expedited service) and I can't get any information other than I can call 2 weeks before my cruise and they can try to make an appt at a passport center...but no guarantee I will get it in time that way either.

We did the snail mail renewal...their website said they received it on Dec 6th, we received them on Jan 23rd. My BIL & SIL had to do the expedited ....their's were recieved Jan 11 & she just checked & they have been approved & it says they will be here by Feb 5th. 

On 1/29/2023 at 10:12 AM, AmberMurmer said:

Renewed online 11/27 and paid for expedited service...still don't have my passport and I leave in less than a month for my cruise...so that is my current experience with online passport renewal.

Time to call your local Congressman and have them check out where your passport is.  Congressional inquires get service much faster.  Use them.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AmberMurmer said:

My online just says received and nothing else...so there is no message, email or letter. I am getting frustrated because I paid the extra money to expedite it to make sure I had it in plenty of time for our cruise (3 months should have been enough with expedited service) and I can't get any information other than I can call 2 weeks before my cruise and they can try to make an appt at a passport center...but no guarantee I will get it in time that way either.

now that my husband uploaded a new picture his says in process, really weird that yours does not have an update, did your credit card get charged?

On 2/2/2023 at 4:26 AM, sowhat said:

Sent application  on  Wednesday  25th  January  afternoon  and receive  new passport  on Thursday  2nd February,  only  8 days and did not pay for  fast service

We are at 6 weeks now. It still says processing.

Edited by fpcruiser