Deluxe Beverage Package & Freestyle Machines

SeattleAl

1 minute ago, SeattleAl said:

If you buy the Deluxe Beverage Package, can you get a cup for the Freestyle soda machines? They have sodas that are not at bars?

yes--as long as your ship has Freestyle machines, you'll get a cup to use with the DBP. 

• Like 1

Hack to avoid carrying around that cup.

Smash cup. Remove rfid chip from bottom. Scotch type rfid to Seapass card.  Hold seapass card under any glass to activate machine.  Take drink and sit at table close by watching others try unsuccessfully to use a regular cup to get soda.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

you get the cup as long as your get any package, nothing to do about having freestyle machines

The Freestyle machines are the only thing the cup is actually good for because the chip in the cup activates the first time you use a Freestyle machine and then stays activated through the rest of your cruise.  No other reason to have a cup because if you are getting fountain soda from the bar, they will be putting it into one of the glasses from the bar.  

Edited by rockmom

1 minute ago, rockmom said:

The Freestyle machines are the only thing the cup is actually good for because the chip in the cup activates the first time you use a Freestyle machine and then stays activated through the rest of your cruise.  No other reason to have a cup because if you are getting fountain soda from the bar, they will be putting it into one of the glasses from the bar.  

on every Royal ship, either with or without the freestyle machine, you get a cup with any drink package

7 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

on every Royal ship, either with or without the freestyle machine, you get a cup with any drink package

yes, my point is that if you're not using a freestyle machine, it's not needed.  And they no longer leave them in your room now, you need to ask for it at any bar  Too many people were just tossing them in the trash.  

Edited by rockmom

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Smash cup. Remove rfid chip from bottom.

Scotch type rfid to Seapass card.  

"RFID Chips" are not chips. For example, your sea pass card is an system with an antenna loop to receive energy from the reader and to transmit their code. I assume that the RFID cups have a similar antenna around the base. 

And, if you put a soda RFID chip/antenna on your sea pass card they will interfere with each other and you will probably not be able to get soda or get into your room. 

image.png.8c310bef1bf1a1f0d2cb3e3103eddde7.png

image.thumb.png.0c5afbc174731ea06ce75f379307d44d.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

"RFID Chips" are not chips. For example, your sea pass card is an system with an antenna loop to receive energy from the reader and to transmit their code. I assume that the RFID cups have a similar antenna around the base. 

And, if you put a soda RFID chip/antenna on your sea pass card they will interfere with each other and you will probably not be able to get soda or get into your room. 

image.png.8c310bef1bf1a1f0d2cb3e3103eddde7.png

image.thumb.png.0c5afbc174731ea06ce75f379307d44d.png

From personal first hand experience in having done this I can absolutely tell you that there is indeed a chip in the bottom of the cup.  It is only a few sheets of paper thick and maybe 1/2" x 1/2 inch.  There are many types of RFID chips out there, not just the ones like they use on the seapass cards,and again from personal experience it did not interfere with my seapass card.

Perhaps you should watch this video so you have a better understanding of how this works so you wont post the wrong information a second time.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rccl+rfid+soda+cup+hack+you+tube&rlz=1C1RXQR_enCA975CA975&oq=rccl+rfid+soda+cup+hack+you+tube&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i10i160l3.11335j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:4b114b1b,vid:uAxjfd2Kd4s

Edited by Ourusualbeach