Wi Fi information - when do we get it? @Check-in or Customer Service?

BarbieGee

18 hours ago, Tiger0613 said:

I don't have an unlimited data plan.  I have a 5GB plan.  My mom is on my account, and she doesn't even have a smartphone to be able to use the data plan.  I've offered more than once to get her a smartphone, but she refuses every time.

Also, I have paid to be able to use the wifi from the moment I get on the ship until the moment I get off.  I want what I have paid for.

My understanding is they don't turn on the internet service until the gangway doors close, unless things have changed.

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

My understanding is they don't turn on the internet service until the gangway doors close, unless things have changed.

I'm hooked up to the Internet before the cabins are ready, but my 5g cell service is faster.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2023 at 8:16 AM, BlerkOne said:

I'm hooked up to the Internet before the cabins are ready, but my 5g cell service is faster.

This. While the ship is still in port, I just use my phone's data plan. The other good reason to do that is DH and I share a Carnival WiFi package, and this way we are both able to use internet at the same time. 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2023 at 3:23 PM, ejnsb said:

I apologize for redirecting the question, but my intention is to use my tablet for wifi and the app on the phone for everything else (checking in for meals, etc).  Easy to d9?

You can also just connect to the internet through your tablet and leave the phone out of it.

1. On your tablet open wi-fi connection settings and connect to the ship's wi-fi (the wi-fi with the ship name).

2. Open a browser and go to CarnivalWiFi.com

3. Enter folio number and birthdate and click log in

4. Click "confirm' on the next screen
  • Thanks 1

On 1/31/2023 at 7:37 PM, halterk said:

Not anymore.  You use to get your sail and sign card at check in (which has your folio number on it), but now you do not get anything at checkin.  You go to your rooms and your sail and sign cards are outside your room.

I was able to obtain my folio number from the hub app before getting my keys (account summary tab)

• Thanks 1