Club Balcony Suite (Category MB).....perks?

Healthmark

1 minute ago, Healthmark said:

What perks does the Club Balcony Suite category come with (e.g. robe, slippers, coffee maker, etc.)? 

We got:

1. Free load of laundry (washed, dried, folded)

2. Free bottle of sparkling wine

3. Free nibbles (canapés, cookies, chocolate covered strawberries)

Yes to robe and slippers, coffee maker on request but my wife hates the smell so I have to go get my own. FYI the robe is a nice perk, because the Thermal Spa was always running out of them so best to have your own.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Healthmark said:

What perks does the Club Balcony Suite category come with (e.g. robe, slippers, coffee maker, etc.)? 

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/minisuites-and-balconies

Exclusive Club Balcony Suite Amenities

• Option to pre-book onboard entertainment and dining as early as 125 days prior to sailing
  • Complimentary treats delivered to your stateroom
  • Complimentary bottle of sparkling wine
  • Complimentary choice of one valet laundry or pressing service
  • Bliss Collection by Norwegian™ featuring fine linens, pillows and a memory foam mattress or mattress topper

Second time cruiser in April on NCL Escape, in a Club Balcony. We have several friends joining, some in regular balcony rooms. Does NCL offer a coffee maker to anyone, or just Club Balcony and above? Also, because my wife would like to know, how does the laundry service work, do they provide a bag, have a limit of items or what? 
thanks for the information! 

7 hours ago, Healthmark said:

We just stayed in a Club Balcony Suite on the Bliss for a 15 day Panama Canal cruise. There was a bottle of the infamous cheap champagne in our cabin when we arrived. There were no robes or slippers. We requested a coffee maker from our steward that was promptly delivered. We received two small plates of snacks in the afternoon of day two and three (that was it for a 15 day cruise). There was a free laundry coupon to put in your laundry bag. That was about it. We found it odd that our bed linens weren’t changed for the 15 day cruise. There was no free room service.

Edited by gmbhardy
Left out word, update info

11 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

We just stayed in a Club Balcony Suite on the Bliss for a 15 day Panama Canal cruise. There was a bottle of the infamous cheap champagne in our cabin when we arrived. 

LOL! It is just about the worst Champagne I have ever tasted. 

6 hours ago, carohs said:

Can we please name names cuz I'm a little behind the times.

This is what we received on Pearl 04/2022 in our Club Balcony Suite 

We had our 8 yr old grandson with us so the “treats” they provided on two days lasted about 30 seconds 😂

This is the sparkling wine…awful alone but later we brought some OJ back to the room and made mimosas that were tolerable. 
AD761388-C397-435B-8E63-915A27F078C6.thumb.jpeg.667c03a749bcae2cb4c4651e4a3dec35.jpeg7BEBBAC7-D9BE-44B1-8EE0-D22607756129.thumb.jpeg.f162cf0544d8a38acad70a25fa36f05f.jpeg099641A2-6919-4EEF-8C96-C718268AACD3.thumb.jpeg.8b10e094fcdc4909a5f16e8399d14faf.jpegThis last snack made the 3 of us lol our grandson said “why did they use such a big plate for such a small amount of food?”  lol

We enjoyed the robes and having a bag of laundry was helpful with an 8 yr old although they lost his hoodie sweatshirt. 
The one thing that we liked the most about having the club balcony suite was the early embarkation in Boston. That terminal is probably the least organized of any and we live an hour away so we use it a lot. It never improves. 😏

Edited by styles27
  • Like 1

They always seem to serve that Duc de Valmer sparkling wine. FYI sorry to be a pedant, but only sparkling wine made in Champagne, France can be called champagne. They're VERY insistent about that. Trust me, I went there in 2015 and it infuriates them! But I digress. It's not my favorite, but then there's a part of me that feels very entitled when I complain about the sparkling wine I got without even asking for it. "Let them eat cake" etc.... 😆 There's a very stupid 1980's film called Loose Shoes featuring a cameo by Bill Murray as a prison inmate who starts an uprising because the wine they're being served at dinner is sub-par.... 😂🤣🍷

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, cruisinpips said:

Second time cruiser in April on NCL Escape, in a Club Balcony. We have several friends joining, some in regular balcony rooms. Does NCL offer a coffee maker to anyone, or just Club Balcony and above? Also, because my wife would like to know, how does the laundry service work, do they provide a bag, have a limit of items or what?  thanks for the information! 

Anyone can request a coffee maker. Since COVID, they don't put them out unless you request them. Your room steward will get you coffee pods. 

The free laundry is a fill-a-bag. You will get a thin paper bag and put anything washable into it. You itemize the items on a ticket (provided) and leave it on your bed for your room steward to pick up. It is normally returned the next day.  Unlike Royal Caribbean, NCL does not restrict the types of clothes you can put in the bag. 

Room service coffee is not free (responding to a prior post). 

46 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

They always seem to serve that Duc de Valmer sparkling wine.

When they used to give all returning guests a bottle of sparkling wine, they were putting out 1500+ bottles each week on the bigger ships. So,,, yeah,,, you're not going to get "fancy" or "expensive" giveaways. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The free laundry is a fill-a-bag. You will get a thin paper bag and put anything washable into it.

Someone, maybe @BirdTravels actually, recommended putting a pillowcase inside the thin paper bag (it tears easily). We were able to cram much more stuff in that way. And they overdelivered for us, in terms of speed. We left our laundry bag on the bed in the morning and instead of getting it the following day, it was there by the end of the SAME day. 😊

3 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

When they used to give all returning guests a bottle of sparkling wine, they were putting out 1500+ bottles each week on the bigger ships. So,,, yeah,,, you're not going to get "fancy" or "expensive" giveaways. 

Since NCL doesn't charge for bringing your own wine on board (and no corkage fee if you have UBP), we'll bring a bottle of Veuve Clicquot from the store that cost us $50 and we're happy (hiccup!) 🥴campers.

2 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Since NCL doesn't charge for bringing your own wine on board (and no corkage fee if you have UBP), we'll bring a bottle of Veuve Clicquot from the store that cost us $50 and we're happy (hiccup!) 🥴campers.

Yeah,,, we're too lazy to be lugging around bottles. We just order it onboard... we can get a couple of glasses for the cost of your bottle 😞 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

Yeah,,, we're too lazy to be lugging around bottles. We just order it onboard... we can get a couple of glasses for the cost of your bottle 😞 

Yeah, we're too poor to pay $35 a glass for Veuve onboard. The markup is insane. I'd rather buy my own and get 5-6 glasses for my $50 outlay. But to each his own.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

We do the same.  We took the bottle to LeBistro and they put it on ice and served it to us.  Will be doing the same in April.  The bottle I bought from Publix had a bright yellow insulated wine carrier.  

• Like 1

On 1/31/2023 at 10:13 PM, fastpitchdad said:

LOL! It is just about the worst Champagne I have ever tasted. 

I wonder if you could switch it out for a bottle of wine. Some cruise lines do....