Prima / Live / Solo / Feb - 5-12 - 2023...

sid_9169

Man, I hit the jackpot with this review!  Not only will I be on Prima next month, but I will also be staying at the Springhill Suites for a night before the cruise.  Will be driving up from Ft. Lauderdale area though, so thankfully get to avoid that shuttle/cab ride from MCO.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Someone on the roll call had volunteered to host the Cruise Critic Meet & Greet, but ended up canceling their cruise, so I contacted the Special Events Department at NCL online, and received a letter back within about a day and a half. 

I haven’t “hosted” one of these in a few years, but I wanted to try and be more “engaging”, since this was my first Norwegian cruise in 3 years. No idea whatsoever how many will end up attending, or if there'll be any “special perks” involved… We’ll find out once I’m on board, I guess… The roll call for this sailing remained pretty slow, and it seems like all the action was happening “elsewhere”, but I continued to be optimistic that SOMEONE will show up. I’m hoping to possibly put together a decent bar crawl on the ship, as the last one on the Encore only TWO PEOPLE showed up, even though dozens had expressed interest. 

There used to be perks.  On Dawn, we were treated as if we were Haven guests.  A couple of the perks, breakfast and lunch in Moderno and priority disembarkation, third off the ship. 
guess we were supposed to get priority embarkation but the people in Tampa terminal didn’t know that

• Like 2

A few weeks ago I ordered 5,000 pesos from my local bank for use on my adventure in Cozumel… Most of the places I go have menus in pesos, so this allows me to keep an eye on my bill without having to “calculate or convert” dollars into pesos… I could’ve probably saved a bit by just withdrawing pesos from an ATM once I arrived, but the odds of me putting my debit card into an ATM in Mexico are slim to none…

In Grand Cayman I’ve got my eye on a couple of places to eat and drink, but other than that, my plan is to just get myself into the ocean for a swim on Seven Mile Beach…

Ocho Rios will more than likely end up being a “stay on the ship” day, and IF we end up making it to Great Stirrup Cay, I’ll probably just remain on board and enjoy the empty ship. 

There have been rumors that our itinerary might get flipped into reverse, but NCL has yet to contact anyone, and I may not even find out until I’m actually on board. I’ve already contacted my driver in Cozumel and gave him a heads up of the possible change, so he also has me “penciled in” for the alternate date…

• Like 12

17 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

But, at the end of the day, great ingredients are what make a great margarita... Don Julio Reposado, Cointreau, and Combier with a small dash of agave syrup are my "go to" items... And, the result, which took me years to perfect, is pure "nirvana in a glass"...

PXL_20230202_000137254.thumb.jpg.be373f4d7218af4286140f57c2807cc4.jpgPXL_20230202_000137254.thumb.jpg.be373f4d7218af4286140f57c2807cc4.jpg

Just curious why two different kinds of orange liquors? 

• Like 1

Hi Sid.  I thoroughly enjoyed your "live" review of the Celebration, and I'm really looking forward to this one on the Prima, as well.  We are going to be sailing out on Carnival's Mardi Gras on 2/4 also, so I guess I'll have to wait until we return 2/11 to catch up.  

• Like 2

This has been an absolutely terrible week at work, and it's not even over with... It's cold and rainy here, which puts the kibosh on my usual afternoon walk, which is also my primary form of therapy... I guess it's just going to be heavy drinking and laundry this evening...

img_1_1673024038473.jpg

• Haha 17

12 minutes ago, pcrum said:

Does anyone know if the Prima has Howl at the Moon?  It is one of our favorite things about NCL.

I haven't seen Howl at the Moon on any ships since Escape unfortunately.  Definitely one of my favorites.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Happy Groundhog Day!

It seems like it would've been more fitting for Tom Brady to announce his retirement today rather than yesterday. And I'm sure the timing has nothing to do with the "80 for Brady" movie opening this week.

• Like 5
  • Haha 12

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

***My observations tend to be “brutally frank” at times, and I tend to just “tell it like it is”... Don’t take anything I say too seriously, or you’ll miss the point of the entire narrative… (Just think of it as 10% “educational” and 90% “fun & games”...) With that out of the way, LET’S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!...

Aaaand THAT's why we enjoy your reviews. Enjoy your cruise and Party On!

• Like 7