Prima / Live / Solo / Feb - 5-12 - 2023...

sid_9169

Around the beginning of October I had reached the 125 days until sailing mark, and I was able to book my specialty dining… I went ahead and booked Le Bistro, Palomar, Onda, and Cagney’s, leaving two more to book once on board. It was also around this time when the Prima arrived on US shores for the first time following the TransAtlantic. The initial reports agreed that the Prima was easily the most upscale vessel to date, and the new dining venues were a hit. On the other hand, venues such as Syd Normans appeared to be much too small to accommodate the passengers who wanted to attend shows there. Reports of long lines, and NCL allowing Haven passengers to fill the venue via a “back door” entrance, leaving the lower class steerage out in the cold. 

• Like 8

Well, the Yankee groundhog says it's going to be six more weeks of winter, but our hometown groundhog General Beauregard Lee says early spring!... I'm trying to be optimistic about the situation, plus our groundhog has a better record of accuracy...

PXL_20230202_122618059.thumb.jpg.cb066fa405bff32d0b4ef7671b47a315.jpg

PXL_20230202_123727648.jpg

• Like 17

16 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I forgot the dang limes in the fridge at work so I rushed over to Whole Foods to grab some before getting ready for dinner. A quick change, and I was out the door. Chop's Lobster Bar is only a four minute walk from my apartment, so I made it just on time... Margarita ordered.

PXL_20230201_222446205.thumb.jpg.2bb8a5e27224d2415260c3c943b2d623.jpg

PXL_20230201_223241363.jpg

Looking sharp!!😃

• Like 4

Someone on the roll call had volunteered to host the Cruise Critic Meet & Greet, but ended up canceling their cruise, so I contacted the Special Events Department at NCL online, and received a letter back within about a day and a half. 

I haven’t “hosted” one of these in a few years, but I wanted to try and be more “engaging”, since this was my first Norwegian cruise in 3 years. No idea whatsoever how many will end up attending, or if there'll be any “special perks” involved… We’ll find out once I’m on board, I guess… The roll call for this sailing remained pretty slow, and it seems like all the action was happening “elsewhere”, but I continued to be optimistic that SOMEONE will show up. I’m hoping to possibly put together a decent bar crawl on the ship, as the last one on the Encore only TWO PEOPLE showed up, even though dozens had expressed interest. 

• Like 21

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

RIP Sid Vicious, who died on this day in 1979... Not the greatest bass player who ever lived, but a member of one of the most influential bands of the punk rock era... 

img_1_1675342497187.jpg

Never mind the Bullocks. Here come the Sex Pistols! 

• Like 1

In case this is your first time running across one of my “reviews'', I like to offer some kind of disclaimer before we get too far into the weeds… This isn’t going to be your “normal, run of the mill” review, replete with menu photos and pictures of the daily program and stuff like that… You can find all that information in other Cruise Critic member reviews, as well as whatever website you wish to frequent… There’s plenty of information out there to satiate your urge for general information on the now not so new Prima… This will just be the twisted tale of my travels from my home here in Atlanta to Port Canaveral, and ultimately the story of boarding and my experience on Norwegians’ newest vessel. If you’re one of those types that get offended easily, or get angry if someone doesn’t use “proper pronouns”, then you may want to just go ahead and bail out now while you still have the chance… 

***My observations tend to be “brutally frank” at times, and I tend to just “tell it like it is”... Don’t take anything I say too seriously, or you’ll miss the point of the entire narrative… (Just think of it as 10% “educational” and 90% “fun & games”...) With that out of the way, LET’S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!...

• Like 45
  • Haha 9

16 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

In case this is your first time running across one of my “reviews'', I like to offer some kind of disclaimer before we get too far into the weeds… This isn’t going to be your “normal, run of the mill” review, replete with menu photos and pictures of the daily program and stuff like that… You can find all that information in other Cruise Critic member reviews, as well as whatever website you wish to frequent… There’s plenty of information out there to satiate your urge for general information on the now not so new Prima… This will just be the twisted tale of my travels from my home here in Atlanta to Port Canaveral, and ultimately the story of boarding and my experience on Norwegians’ newest vessel. If you’re one of those types that get offended easily, or get angry if someone doesn’t use “proper pronouns”, then you may want to just go ahead and bail out now while you still have the chance… 

***My observations tend to be “brutally frank” at times, and I tend to just “tell it like it is”... Don’t take anything I say too seriously, or you’ll miss the point of the entire narrative… (Just think of it as 10% “educational” and 90% “fun & games”...) With that out of the way, LET’S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!...

So eventually it actually is going to turn in to a cruise review?    lol  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

RIP Sid Vicious, who died on this day in 1979... Not the greatest bass player who ever lived, but a member of one of the most influential bands of the punk rock era... 

img_1_1675342497187.jpg

Possibly reincarnated as Pete Buttigieg?!?!

pete-buttigieg_0_1[1].jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I've been pounding these for a couple of days, hoping to stave off any cooties that might try to invade my body. Believing in these things is probably about like believing in bigfoot, but I like to try and do everything I can to avoid getting sick on my expensive vacation...

PXL_20230202_155526592.jpg

• Like 19
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

img_1_1675342497187.jpg

The last bass player I saw in concert was Phil Lesh this past summer with the late Levon Helm's Midnight Ramble Band. It was a truly great concert! 😊

Phil Lesh & Friends Concert Setlist at Bethel Woods Center for the Arts, Bethel on August 20, 2022 | setlist.fm

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

I've been pounding these for a couple of days, hoping to stave off any cooties that might try to invade my body. Believing in these things is probably about like believing in bigfoot, but I like to try and do everything I can to avoid getting sick on my expensive vacation...

PXL_20230202_155526592.jpg

Newbie here.  Found your Carnival review and am looking forward to another review of yours.  Don't know if you ever tried this, but if you start getting a sore throat, gargle with Listerine. I kept COVID at bay last year when husband came down with it a week before my solo cruise.  Husband was kept quarantined in separate bedroom, but I gargled every morning that week and never got sick and got to go on that cruise! 

Then again, Listerine is mostly alcohol, so just drink more before your trip! 🙂

Edited by Max and Ruby
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4