Prima / Live / Solo / Feb - 5-12 - 2023...

sid_9169

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

Two and a half more hours of work to go until I go home and get ready for an unbelievable meal... Well, I guess that you CAN believe it, as it's going to be happening at one of THE premier steakhouses in all of Atlanta... Stay tuned...

Dining alone tonight?

• Like 2

Signing on to follow you on your Prima cruise; glad to see you are writing a review!

I was on the Prima Sept/Oct 2022 for the TA.

I liked the ship but the TA was cold so we did not get to do anything on Deck 8 where all the new outdoor areas are. I would be interested to see what you think of them. They looked nice; the Vibe looked really nice. It wasn''t open for our cruise though it probably would not have been used because of the cold weather.

I'll have to look up your itinerary.

You will have a blast. Very exciting for you!!!😎

Also a bit jealous.....😜

• Like 3

I always purchase my flights and hotel far in advance of the cruise which may have been a mistake in this circumstance… Fuel prices were hovering at all time highs due to the war in Ukraine, but I just like to get it booked and out of the way, so… I probably could’ve saved a little bit by waiting, however I like to try and snag the first row behind Delta Comfort Plus, so I just bit the bullet and booked it… 

As for the hotel, I went with the Springhill Suites by Marriott… It has good reviews, and will hopefully surpass the hotel I stayed in on my previous visit to Port Canaveral… Last time I was here I stayed at the Radisson Resort at the Port, which turned out to be a not very nice hotel. There wasn’t even a safe in the room, and it stank of cigarettes on top of that. I’m rolling the dice that the Springhill Suites turns out to be a much better experience… Honestly, Port Canaveral is one of my least favorite places to sail from. No great bars or restaurants to visit prior to cruising, but I’ll try to find something decent to do for one afternoon / evening. 

For transportation from MCO to the hotel I just went with Cocoa Beach Shuttle, which I’ve used in the past and had decent luck with. I went ahead and pre-paid for transportation from MCO to the hotel on my arrival date, and again from the port to the airport on the date of debarkation. 

• Like 9

@sid_9169...do you follow Jeff & Patti's post cruise reviews here on CC...online he is Jamman54.

They cruised out of Port Canaveral and I believe they stayed in a Homewood2 Suites or something like that and it was very economical and clean, it appeared fairly new.

I agree with you the surroundings at Port Canaveral are NOTHING like your style in Atlanta or Miami, but a lot of cruises sail out of Port Canaveral.  Honestly even Orlando has become too crowded for my liking anymore, but I am not a city person like you are.  I remember Orlando back in the 80's!

Look at it this way, you may save a few $$$$ precruise with no great eating and drinking establishments.

• Like 8

I forgot the dang limes in the fridge at work so I rushed over to Whole Foods to grab some before getting ready for dinner. A quick change, and I was out the door. Chop's Lobster Bar is only a four minute walk from my apartment, so I made it just on time... Margarita ordered.

PXL_20230201_222446205.thumb.jpg.2bb8a5e27224d2415260c3c943b2d623.jpg

PXL_20230201_223241363.jpg

• Like 23

2 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Round one. A not so great margarita and the jumbo shrimp cocktail with colossal crab meat... This is going to be another of those "you only live once" type of meals...

PXL_20230201_224229404.thumb.jpg.0dc9f59aa343ea9cd4dd83ddb641fe9a.jpg

PXL_20230201_224214066.thumb.jpg.741f9a75d6d103e09b8a62f9a9c5efc2.jpg

PXL_20230201_224221337.jpg

That Shrimp and Crab Cocktail looks delicious, hope it was. We're going to Red Robin for Burgers so, I'm super jealous.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Since I'm by myself I was going to sit at the bar, but with the amount of food I'm ordering I figured that a regular table would be better... Wait until you see the feast tonight!... Of course, I'll have a legendary lunch of leftovers tomorrow...

• Like 18

26 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Round one. A not so great margarita and the jumbo shrimp cocktail with colossal crab meat... This is going to be another of those "you only live once" type of meals...

PXL_20230201_224229404.thumb.jpg.0dc9f59aa343ea9cd4dd83ddb641fe9a.jpg

PXL_20230201_224214066.thumb.jpg.741f9a75d6d103e09b8a62f9a9c5efc2.jpg

PXL_20230201_224221337.jpg

Where's the seafood? I see like 3 bites (sad, pouty face). But what they did deign to provide for your sustenance looks like it is really tasty!

• Like 2