Prima / Live / Solo / Feb - 5-12 - 2023...

sid_9169

@sid_9169I'm coming with you!.... No, really, Hubby and I will be on the same cruise! We will be easy to recognize, both of us will be wearing sunglasses and hanging over the banisters jeering the pier runners....

Like you, I am counting down the days. Work is taking too much effort and I am afraid my face might crack from the fake smile I have in place while trying to be nice to people.

Husband tells me I am not allowed to come home and kick the dog, punch the cat and strangle the goldfish and that breathing exercises and lifting weights should help me feel less stressed... Unless I am breathing in sea air and the only things I am lifting are weighty cocktail glasses I don't see that happening.

So, looking forward to when we can  "seas the day"  (spelling intended this way Mrs Dyer 3rd grade teacher, it's a pun you humorless old person...) together.

(no animals were hurt in any way for the writing of this comment)

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

This is exciting! Have a great time Sid. I cruised Prima in October. Once I got used to the layout, I did enjoy the trip. Based on past reviews I think you will like the Vibe on Prima. I did not go in it , but saw it from above. Looks really nice. We enjoyed lounging near the infinity pools on deck 8. I recommend the Indulge Food Hall for lunch the first day before it gets too busy. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cruising Lynne said:

This is exciting! Have a great time Sid. I cruised Prima in October. Once I got used to the layout, I did enjoy the trip. Based on past reviews I think you will like the Vibe on Prima. I did not go in it , but saw it from above. Looks really nice. We enjoyed lounging near the infinity pools on deck 8. I recommend the Indulge Food Hall for lunch the first day before it gets too busy. 

I second the Indulge food hall for embarkation lunch before the masses discover it!

• Like 4

During the summer of 2022, NCL began allowing passengers to pre-book Vibe Beach Club passes prior to sailing, so I called them up and secured my spot in the adults only enclave… The main pool area seems wayyy too small for the number of passengers on board, so Vibe is a necessity for me… 

Honestly, I had always enjoyed the “quest for Vibe” on embarkation morning. It added to the excitement of embarkation day… 

— Arriving early to snag a group 1 boarding card. 

— Waiting near the embarkation rope, and sizing up the competition. 

— Finally, making the fast walk / slow run up the tunnel and the race to grab one of the numbers which guaranteed my spot… 

I suppose that the pre-booking does make for a more relaxed boarding experience for those who dread the stress involved in trying to obtain a pass “the old fashioned way”... Either way, this was adding up to be one of my most expensive sailings ever, and only bested by my very first NCL cruise back in 2015 on the Getaway. That was in a balcony though, and ever since I’ve been sailing in Solo cabins with NCL… 

• Like 16

I went over to Kroger during lunch and picked up some limes... You can probably guess what I'm going to do with them. I really just wanted to get out of the store for awhile, as things have been descending into chaos all week here. We did end up getting a nice bonus today, so that's a plus. I'm praying for a decently smooth rest of the week, although I know it's not likely...

• Like 15

Two and a half more hours of work to go until I go home and get ready for an unbelievable meal... Well, I guess that you CAN believe it, as it's going to be happening at one of THE premier steakhouses in all of Atlanta... Stay tuned...

• Like 13

Looking forward to this, Sid! I'm booked on Prima end of March out of NYC for a five-day Bermuda cruise with my daughter-in-law. First time on Norwegian; I'm venturing out of my comfort zone because I just retired and could never sail this time of year - so DH gave me the cruise as a retirement present. (Carnival's not an option for this time of year out of NYC - at least, for now.) I'd be grateful for your recommendations!

• Like 2