Jewel Restaurant Changes Coming...?

Yo Adrienne

Seems to me that I read somewhere online that the Jewel will be converting a couple of the onboard restaurants...La Cucina and Moderno...to different restaurants...but I haven't been able to find any verification/details about this.  (My TA couldn't find anything either...not even when she contacted NCL directly.)

Anyone know if this is true...and if so, any info on what will be changing and when those changes will be coming...? 

Not something that I have heard, but it is possible when the Jewel is next in dry dock.

There have been previous examples (ie Spirit) of La Cucina being changes to Ondaatje, so that would seem the more likely.

Ever since NCL stopped putting Moderno on new ships there have been rumours (based on assumptions as far as I can tell) that the restaurant would be removed where it currently exists, but unless I’ve missed one, that hasn’t happened yet, despite the change being a few years ago and ships having been in dry dock in that time.

I’m not sure whether the Jewel; is scheduled for dry dock, but the actual changes are usually kept fairly quiet and often we don’t find detail of the changes until it’s complete.

10 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Not something that I have heard, but it is possible when the Jewel is next in dry dock.

There have been previous examples (ie Spirit) of La Cucina being changes to Ondaatje, so that would seem the more likely.

Ever since NCL stopped putting Moderno on new ships there have been rumours (based on assumptions as far as I can tell) that the restaurant would be removed where it currently exists, but unless I’ve missed one, that hasn’t happened yet, despite the change being a few years ago and ships having been in dry dock in that time.

I’m not sure whether the Jewel; is scheduled for dry dock, but the actual changes are usually kept fairly quiet and often we don’t find detail of the changes until it’s complete.

Jewel's last dry-dock was in Oct 2018. We were on her post dry dock in Nov 2018. So she is due later on this year.

2 hours ago, www3traveler said:

I would doubt that She would be due for a drydock for awhile.

There are statutory checks/inspections that sometimes just can't be done while "wet".  Especially on a ship that age, they probably still need to get her out of the water sometime this year.