Restaurant Refund

Oakman58

We had made and paid for dining in specialty restaurants about 45 days before our cruise on the Diamond to Hawaii that returned to San Deigo on Jan 22nd.  During the cruise both reservations were cancelled by the man in charge of restaurant operations.  I still haven't gotten a refund back to my credit card.  I would call Princess but I hate being put on hold forever.  From the first day of the cruise to now I have been unimpressed with Princess Cruises.

21 minutes ago, Oakman58 said:

We had made and paid for dining in specialty restaurants about 45 days before our cruise on the Diamond to Hawaii that returned to San Deigo on Jan 22nd.  During the cruise both reservations were cancelled by the man in charge of restaurant operations.  I still haven't gotten a refund back to my credit card.  I would call Princess but I hate being put on hold forever.  From the first day of the cruise to now I have been unimpressed with Princess Cruises.

Why didn’t you question the charge while on board ?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Oakman58 said:

How about dispute the charge(s) to your credit card,if you have not already.

while onboard what were you told would happen to your cancelled dinner reservation(s) that was pre paid?  Why were you not accommodated at the restaurant?

How many restaurants did you prepay for?

I would just get the credit card company involved ,they will figure out everything for you. You paid for services not given.

The op already posted this in another thread this same issue right after they got off  ship-  didn’t really answer anybody’s comments except to say that the restaurant told him they canceled the reservation and didn’t have room to accommodate them due to operational reasons .

sounds??? ....

Edited by arizonaperson

16 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

How about dispute the charge(s) to your credit card,if you have not already.

while onboard what were you told would happen to your cancelled dinner reservation(s) that was pre paid?  Why were you not accommodated at the restaurant?

How many restaurants did you prepay for?

I would just get the credit card company involved ,they will figure out everything for you. You paid for services not given.

The op already posted this in another thread this same issue right after they got off  ship-  didn’t really answer anybody’s comments except to say that the restaurant told him they canceled the reservation and didn’t have room to accommodate them due to operational reasons .

sounds??? ....

It all sounds pretty strange to me

@Oakman58...there are a number of us who would be interested in trying to help you figure this out...but you're going to have to give us a bit more to go on.  If it was just your intent to say what you did in your first post and nothing else...well...sorry you had trouble.  We're all scratching our heads!

1 hour ago, Oakman58 said:

Did it show as OBC when you got on? It would then have deducted the charge for the restaurant when you dined; since you didn't dine, you would have left the ship with a credit that will be mailed to you later, thus a wash. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Did it show as OBC when you got on? It would then have deducted the charge for the restaurant when you dined; since you didn't dine, you would have left the ship with a credit that will be mailed to you later, thus a wash. 

From the recent cruises I have been on, Prepaid specialty dining is the one area where it does not show up as a credit, followed by a charge when the reservation is completed.  It does not show on the account listing at all.  The charge does show up if you book on board.

45 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

@Oakman58...there are a number of us who would be interested in trying to help you figure this out...but you're going to have to give us a bit more to go on.  If it was just your intent to say what you did in your first post and nothing else...well...sorry you had trouble.  We're all scratching our heads!

Perhaps I can shed some light on some of his troubles although I too am perplexed.

This cruise had the Sterling Steakhouse out of commission for the whole cruise.  There was many rumors and speculation as to why but a common theme was that the kitchen had maintenance issues with their grill.

As a result, all all of sterling steakhouse reservations were moved to Sabitini's (as you can see in the photo I am attaching).

But I believe staffing was a huge issue as evident on which days the restaurant was open, they had a waitress from Kai Sushi delivering bar drinks, and when we there at 12:30pm for a steak lunch plus 6:30 for an Italian supper...the restaurant was only at half capacity...with 4 waiters (not sure if this is normal).

However I am perplexed as to what @Oakman58 did to try to resolve it. 

IMG_8390.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Oakman58 said:

I would call Princess but I hate being put on hold forever.

Princess now has an option to leave your phone number and they will call you back when it is your turn in the queue.

You may still wait a long time for the callback, but at least you will not be on hold.

Calling first thing in the morning may get a quicker call back.

• Like 1

OK, as mentioned by a previous poster, the Sterling Steakhouse was closed for the whole cruise we were told we would get a refund.  No, we were not given that refund as an OBC.  We also had reservations at Sabatini's that were cancelled but we were told we could reschedule which we did.  Then two days later, Sabatini's cancelled our second reservation.  This was on the 16 day Hawaiian cruise that departed San Diego on Jan 6th.

I did not check my credit card for a refund while we were on the ship.  There is no way I would access my credit card or any bank information over a ship's network, secured or not.

22 hours ago, SouthAltaCruisingFamily said:

Perhaps I can shed some light on some of his troubles although I too am perplexed.

This cruise had the Sterling Steakhouse out of commission for the whole cruise.  There was many rumors and speculation as to why but a common theme was that the kitchen had maintenance issues with their grill.

As a result, all all of sterling steakhouse reservations were moved to Sabitini's (as you can see in the photo I am attaching).

But I believe staffing was a huge issue as evident on which days the restaurant was open, they had a waitress from Kai Sushi delivering bar drinks, and when we there at 12:30pm for a steak lunch plus 6:30 for an Italian supper...the restaurant was only at half capacity...with 4 waiters (not sure if this is normal).

However I am perplexed as to what @Oakman58 did to try to resolve it. 

IMG_8390.jpg

Here it is right side up

1E1D5D45-2015-40DE-A8E7-3182112C69A2.jpeg

• Thanks 1