Laundry services

Hottubmomma

8 minutes ago, Hottubmomma said:

Ok Thank you! And then depending on your latitude number it gets reduced?

Yes, Platinum and above gets a whole bag per Platinum member; gold gets a 1/2 free bag per member. See NCL's latitude-rewards-program page.

Edited by GALSews
left a word out.

4 hours ago, GALSews said:

Yes, Platinum and above gets a whole bag per Platinum member; gold gets a 1/2 free bag per member. See NCL's latitude-rewards-program page.

Gold members get half off the price of a bag of laundry. Platinum members get a free bag of laundry.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hottubmomma said:

I have read somewhere that halfway through the cruise( ours is 11 days) NCL offers a bag of laundry for 15 dollars. Does anyone know if that price gets reduced depending on your latitude status?

And there will be more than one fill-a-bag (bulk laundry) offer during your cruise, if you want. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

And there will be more than one fill-a-bag (bulk laundry) offer during your cruise, if you want. 

Will they offer this twice on an 11 day cruise? That would be great! 

I haven't heard any complaints on the quality of the laundry service on NCL. Do they do a good job? When I sailed Celebrity there were a lot of complaints of things coming back shrunk. Thanks!

53 minutes ago, DMP609 said:

I haven't heard any complaints on the quality of the laundry service on NCL. Do they do a good job? When I sailed Celebrity there were a lot of complaints of things coming back shrunk. Thanks!

You need to read further.  There will be people who complain about EVERYTHING.  I believe some believe the temperature is too high.

I'm Sapphire so get a free bag. I also try to stay in a Club Balcony, if the premium isn't much higher than a balcony, so I get a second bag.  They do a much better job than I do, with everything washed, pressed, and neatly folded.  I try to get a bag in near the end of the cruise so I don't have to do wash when I get home 🙂

Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just got back from getaway and used free laundry 🧺 for platinum, excellent folded clothes to take home 🏡! Little laundry marking stickers you’ll peel off as you wear the clothes later. Often on next cruise as it’s cruise wear. I think it was $29.00 if not a perk. On transatlantic usually a half price specials. On Celebrity elite 2 free bags and one dry cleaning and 2 pressings. It’s good to spread loyalty around the cruise lines for perks!

2 hours ago, DMP609 said:

Will they offer this twice on an 11 day cruise? That would be great! 

I think the people grew 🙂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DMP609 said:

People will complain about everything. We cruise on NCL 3-4 times a year and will do a bag or two of laundry on every cruise. The laundry team does an excellent job. No complaints. 

• Like 2

The laundry service is good! 

Occasionally, we have sent some items that we probably should have laundered at home.

We had one incident of "never returned" (lost item), and a few items have shrunk or snagged (oops), faded/color change, or had permanent creases where they didn't belong.

Only the completely lost item was upsetting to me.  They searched for days... and, maybe someone went home with a nightgown they never had before!😏

• Like 2

A couple of tips I see time and again are:

1. bring tape or something to preserve the integrity of the bag you stuff the laundry into as it’s a paper bag

2. Bring some colour catcher sheets and stuff them in the pockets of whatever you send for laundry

I haven’t used the service so far but I’ve seen the above tips mentioned time and again. 

• Like 1

I’m a guy so I have my clothes cleaned with the platinum free laundry! I jam the bag chuck full. My wife is not going to let them ruin her clothes so she might put in underwear and socks. Every year I go home with clean folded clothes! And occasionally when wearing them I feel a little marker tag on my collar and I smile when I remember I last wore it on a cruise.
They don’t shrink your clothes you’ve expanded on the cruise unfortunately! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1