Carnival Sunrise or Celebrity Silhouette?

aimcat

Looking for a quick getaway this month one is mid Feb the other late Feb...these are the two ships that will work for us. I have been in 5 carnival cruises and 2 RC and my fiance has been on none. Which would we like better? They are both almost the same price for balcony rooms and the Celebrity cruise is about 100 more for the Concierge class....any advice is greatly appreciated. 

Celebrity for sure. Its a vastly different experience, much more upscale. Having said that, you have to understand that Carnival and Celebrity are 180 degrees different in what they each consider a cruise vacation. Celebrity is a 'make your own kind of fun' cruiseline and the cruise experience will reflect that. It's vastly more low-key, and for some people that translates to a more boring experience. The main pool deck will be quiet and with low-key music playing. A major difference that's not always mentioned is there's no dedicated venues for entertainment. There's no piano bar, nor is there a comedy club. I know Carnival fans love their comedy shows. On Celebrity, it's just one form of entertainment that's not on nightly, just once or twice on a 7 day cruise. There's no water slides, rock climbing walls, or any of those kinds of ship amenities. As long as you're aware of the type of cruise you'll get with Celebrity, you won't be disappointed. Concierge Class doesn't have many important benefits. The major benefits are an exclusive embarkation lunch in one of the dining rooms (the MDR isn't available for lunch on embarkation for anyone else), different choices of balcony rooms, and a welcome bottle of sparkling wine. If those benefits don't really do anything for you, I personally would book a regular veranda and use the $100 for dinner at a specialty restaurant. 

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
16 minutes ago, aimcat said:

Does it make sense to book with the all include deal where you get drinks wifi and tips included or book separate? Doesn’t the concierge class come with priority embark and debark? 

Double down on kwokpot👍. Depending on you, and your preference.

15 minutes ago, aimcat said:

Does it make sense to book with the all include deal where you get drinks wifi and tips included or book separate? Doesn’t the concierge class come with priority embark and debark? 

No Conceige class doesn't get priority boarding or disembarkation. Regarding always included I would do the math. It should be cheaper but to be sure do the math. There are discounts for booking the wifi and classic drink package pre-cruise so definitely either booking all included or cruise only and add it separately before you board, whichever is cheaper.