Saint Greg's Magic Super Bowl cruise - Live - February 11-19

Saint Greg

5 minutes ago, geovet said:

Hi Greg,

Enjoying your thread. I’ll also be on this cruise with my wife and son David. He has Down syndrome and the crew always treats him well. Is there any cruise critic gathering?

George

They haven’t been doing the CC meet and greets since the restart. 

• Like 1

I need to not do what I did last night next week. I value my cruise mornings too much for that. UFC went till like 2:30am and I overdid it last night/this morning. I need to pack today but I have my doubts now because half of the day is shot and all I’ve done so far is eat fruit loops and watch Wayne’s World.

• Like 4
  • Haha 20

I have a concert tonight. Well…I’m not performing or anything. I’m attending a concert tonight. This is really a crazy coincidence but two of the three bands just got off of Magic last weekend. Parkway Drive from Australia and Memphis May Fire from just north of here in Denton were both on Magic for the Shiprocked cruise. They started a 16 day, 14 city tour in Los Angeles on Tuesday. They were in Tempe Wednesday, San Antonio Friday, and Houston last night. 

I like to be down in the stuff at concerts. Once you’re there, you’re kind of stuck. My prep for that includes super hydrating myself in the morning/early afternoon and then not eating or drinking anything the rest of the day. I’m about to have my last meal of the day. I won’t drink anything after about 3pm and hopefully it’ll all be out of my system by 5.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, maluhia87 said:

I'm the strange person who likes to sail from Port Canaveral over Miami. In December we stayed at the new TownePlace Suites and were able to catch a launch by going out on our balcony at 4 am.  

I prefer PC over Miami as well.  But then I’m also that person who usually flies in the day of the cruise, so finding things to do and hotel cost isn’t a concern for me.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, blarko said:

I prefer PC over Miami as well.  But then I’m also that person who usually flies in the day of the cruise, so finding things to do and hotel cost isn’t a concern for me.

Then you just have to deal with that transportation to/from the airport which isn’t very close by. I think that’s the airport where I had to take a train to baggage claim…weird.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Then you just have to deal with that transportation to/from the airport which isn’t very close by. I think that’s the airport where I had to take a train to baggage claim…weird.

Yep it’s the airport that you have to take trains to get anywhere including baggage claim. When I do fly into PC same day, I always use the carnival transfers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I need to not do what I did last night next week. I value my cruise mornings too much for that. UFC went till like 2:30am and I overdid it last night/this morning. I need to pack today but I have my doubts now because half of the day is shot and all I’ve done so far is eat fruit loops and watch Wayne’s World.

Party on! 

• Haha 5

30 minutes ago, blarko said:

Yep it’s the airport that you have to take trains to get anywhere including baggage claim. When I do fly into PC same day, I always use the carnival transfers.

Yeah that's what I've got. Partially just to use some of my OBC.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

That’s cool but it seems like you have to get extremely lucky to catch one. I don’t think they have one next week. They had one when I was there in 2021. I got up at 2 or 3am and walked a mile in the rain for a scrub. 

There is one Friday at 6pm.

https://www.spacelaunchschedule.com/launch/falcon-9-block-5-starlink-group-5-4/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

While I am not Saint Greg, AARP also offers discounted gift cards, that is where I purchase mine, same cost breakdown.

I just have to ask. In saying your handle, where do I pause and take a breath?

• Like 1

Hey Greg, another reason besides what you mentioned I don't like PC is because when we fly into MCO my wife thinks it's mandatory to go to Disney. I thought we were done when the boys grew up then we got grandchildren. Here we go again.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4