Cost cutting, why are we surprised?

AndyMichelle

I like P&O cruises for the unstuffy, fairly budget experience it offers 99.9% of the time (the remaining 0.1% being those occasions when an MDR meal approaches the wow factor!). And the staff are terrific: one of the company’s strengths.

I wouldn’t mind if they put prices up to compensate for the very clear cutbacks, some of which can add a little too much “cheapness” to what is clearly non-luxury experience - and that non-luxuryness is fine, we kind of know what we’re getting. But one of the key things I would like as a customer, though, is more transparency from them rather than the pitiful excuses and general guff that comes from them. But then they’re not the only company to do that.

Edited by Camberley
  • Like 13

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

I think that I would be wild if I was made into a soup like that. 

It is delicious soup but I understand it will not be to everyone's taste and in Speciality it is only one of several starters to choose from.

There have been cutbacks on P&O but they still offer a good product imo.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It is delicious soup but I understand it will not be to everyone's taste and in Speciality it is only one of several starters to choose from.

There have been cutbacks on P&O but they still offer a good product imo.

Graham I thought it looked delicious. I make my own soup and mushroom is my favourite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To just pop back to the topic of food supplies. Some of the suppliers Pando found could not deliver to Southampton for 7am several times a week and thought the timing wasn't relevant as they did not understand the logistics of turn around day. However I am not aware that this is a problem for other lines that case based in Southampton. 

• Like 2