Do the Pubs on Quantum and Anthem still serve food?

I was super excited to see the fairly thorough food menu when they were branded as "Michael's Genuine Pub" because I LOVE pub food late at night.

However, I've seen some comments that the food went away after covid shutdowns in the pubs on these two ships?

Can someone confirm the current situation?  We're sailing on both ships this year.  If not at the pub, anywhere else for late night fare?  (I get tired of Sorrento's pizza and Café Promenade finger sandwiches after a few nights)

32 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Thank you teddie.  That would be amazing!  Hate to bother, but would you be willing to take a photo and share the current food menu?

It’s easy enough to go to app and bring up Anthem currant sailing. It lists the menu.

30 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

And it seems my auto correct ( current) always finds foods 🤷🏼‍♀️ I don’t even eat currants. 

Didn't even notice, just read right past it LOL.🤣

Regarding the menu, it will get the job done.  I'm just happy to have those options.  Would have LOVED chicken wings also but oh well.  The soup, pretzel sticks and poutine are all right up my alley.

It would be great if they offered pickled eggs and pickled sausage in the Pub(s).  Not only do I like to eat them, the gallon jugs of them sitting on the bar makes it look a little more like the little old local watering whole/pubs.  Has anybody seen this on/in a RCCL pub?  I don't remember ever seeing it.

33 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

And it seems my auto correct ( current) always finds foods 🤷🏼‍♀️ I don’t even eat currants. 

So, you currently don't eat Currants?  Is that the jest of it.  

7 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

It would be great if they offered pickled eggs and pickled sausage in the Pub(s).  Not only do I like to eat them, the gallon jugs of them sitting on the bar makes it look a little more like the little old local watering whole/pubs.  Has anybody seen this on/in a RCCL pub?  I don't remember ever seeing it.

The old menu when the Pubs on Anthem and Quantum were "Michael's Genuine Pub" they had... a jar of pickled vegetables, deviled eggs, hard boiled eggs on the Pub Board, and scotch eggs but alas no pickled eggs (which I love)

482EB905-D27C-423D-9A19-9827E500F7A3.thumb.jpeg.f256233e33c6a0e0dbab901f84c1316e.jpeg

Edited by The Fun Researcher
  • Like 1

I was on Anthem in Nov and we went for lunch - the burger is not the "original" one as shown on the menu, but a double burger with cheese and bacon (no extra charge as stated in menu.)  We had asked the waiter to cut it in half and he said he'd bring us a knife.  (this was also the reply when I sailed Anthem last March)

Food is good (and not expensive) but the service was SO SLOW !!   It was not crowded, it was about 12:30pm, and we were there for almost 2 hours.  (The burger back when it was Michael's GP was much better...)   I wonder if they are really just serving a double burger from Johnny Rockets...

I happened to have pics of the burger, and chocolate bar and the fried cheesecake - the pretzel sticks were disappointing. 

20221111_132009(1).jpg

20221111_134119.jpg

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Snoopycollector said:

I was on Anthem in Nov and we went for lunch - the burger is not the "original" one as shown on the menu, but a double burger with cheese and bacon (no extra charge as stated in menu.)  We had asked the waiter to cut it in half and he said he'd bring us a knife.  (this was also the reply when I sailed Anthem last March)

Food is good (and not expensive) but the service was SO SLOW !!   It was not crowded, it was about 12:30pm, and we were there for almost 2 hours.  (The burger back when it was Michael's GP was much better...)   I wonder if they are really just serving a double burger from Johnny Rockets...

I happened to have pics of the burger, and chocolate bar and the fried cheesecake - the pretzel sticks were disappointing. 

20221111_132009(1).jpg

20221111_134119.jpg

Thank you so much for this!  I appreciate the note on the speed of the food. I'm guessing they have to go get it from one of the kitchens on the ship.  Doubt they have their own kitchen at the pub.

We'll make sure to place our ENTIRE order at one time so that we're not waiting between orders.  My guess we'll try to do this night one or two of the cruise and if it disappoints, move on.  Thanks again.

And just a note on the chocolate bar dessert -- that is Nutella under the berries, on the plate.  I believe there may also be some in the actual bar, or some other nut.  (I have a severe nut allergy so I didn't have any.)  It's also Nutella swirled on the plate under those fried cheesecake balls.

On one of our earlier stops at the Pub, my husband was able to pre-order the chocolate bar in advance (by a few days) so that it could be made nut-free.  (I'm not sure if they'd do that now.)

I'm just saying -- be aware and advise the server if you have an allergy.  The menu tends to not mention some of those kinds of things.

• Thanks 1