May have to cancel….can I trust what the Celebrity agent told me?

madre2

I may have to cancel my cruise next week for a non medical reason.  We purchased the beverage package.  The Celebrity agent told me that we could get the money back for the beverage package but the cost of the cruise would come back in FCCs to be used within one year, minus $100 per person we paid.  

He also said if I wanted to do one name change on the booking, I had 72 hours prior to sailing to do that.

Has anyone had any experience with this? And does this sound accurate?

We just had to cancel a cruise and also paid the $100 per person cancellation fee, we are months outside the final payment date, and are getting FCC for the onboard dinner reservations we had made as well as the payments we had made so far.  

I cannot speak to name changes as we have never had to do those.

No does not sound accurate.  Yes, you would get back the cost of the beverage package and port fees and taxes.  Did you purchase Celebrity's insurance?  If so, I think you get 90% of the cruise fare back as a FCC.  If not, then you would lose the cost of the cruise.  I think you can do one name change within a certain time frame.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

Then as the other poster stated you are in the 100% penalty phase.   I do believe you can change 1 name on the reservation until a few days before the sailing.

If you purchased Celebrity Cruise Care and cancel for an uncovered reason they will give you 90% of cruise fare as FCC.

If you haven't canceled yet you should be able to go to Cruise Planner and cancel anything you booked for a refund although those things as well as taxes/fees should be refunded to the original form of payment automatically anyway upon cancellation.