WIFI info

tampadee

10 minutes ago, tampadee said:

I understand that basic WIFI is included in Oceania's fare, but that is only for one device at a time in each cabin.  I read somewhere that to have additional wifi in your cabin, the cost is $24.99 per day.  Is this correct?

yes

you can scroll down the page  for details

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/value

7 hours ago, Mura said:

But if the two of you want to be online, just make sure that you aren't trying to get online at the same time.

Does the internet system on Oceania give you a warning if you try to log on simultaneously?  I would hope you would not incur the $24.99 charge without some sort of acknowledgement that you are doing so.

8 minutes ago, loriva said:

Does the internet system on Oceania give you a warning if you try to log on simultaneously?  I would hope you would not incur the $24.99 charge without some sort of acknowledgement that you are doing so.

Yes, it tells you to log off or it will log off the other user when you log on.

This is the same for regular internet of premium.

The $24.99 is for "premium" and in our experience, it is really not much better than regular.

It is "spotty"  in the mornings and when people get back on ship on port days and after dinner as that is when most users are on.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, loriva said:

I don't think it will let  the 2nd person log on    if they do they will kick the 1 st person off

I am usually the one that uses the internet  I ask DH if he want to check his stuff while I am logged in ..that is how we do it

Neither  NEED to be online at the same time  so works for us

YMMV

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2023 at 8:15 AM, loriva said:

Since my husband never goes on line I really cannot answer your question.  But I would like to think that some sort of warning would be given!

Mura

In the description of the Concierge Lounge it states free wi-fi so my assumption is each cabin passenger can be on the internet simultaneously as long one passenger is accessing the internet from the Concierge Lounge; is this correct?  

5 hours ago, IDL said:

In the description of the Concierge Lounge it states free wi-fi so my assumption is each cabin passenger can be on the internet simultaneously as long one passenger is accessing the internet from the Concierge Lounge; is this correct?  

No, you need to log in with your account, which you only get one of. The proper way to state this would be computers available to use. I could be wrong on this, if someone knows different please jump in.