A few questions

jeanandmark

We are going on an 8 day Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Magic early next year, and I have a few questions. 

Is there a specialty coffee card you can buy? 

What nights are elegant nights? 

Does anyone have pictures of the menus?

Guy's Burgers, the Italian place, Guy's BBQ place?  I know they are only open for lunch on sea days, but do I have to pay extra? 

Is juice still served in the Lido restaurant at breakfast? 

Any sushi served anywhere on the Magic?

Thanks for any info!

10 minutes ago, jeanandmark said:

Is there a specialty coffee card you can buy? - NO

What nights are elegant nights? - 2ND AND 4TH(?)

Does anyone have pictures of the menus? YES

Guy's Burgers, the Italian place, Guy's BBQ place?  I know they are only open for lunch on sea days, but do I have to pay extra? - NO

Is juice still served in the Lido restaurant at breakfast? - FAUX JUICE

Any sushi served anywhere on the Magic? Dunno

Italian place serves pasta bowls during lunch included, extra cost venue at night. Guy's Burgers is always included and is open most days until around 6PM. Guy's BBQ is open on sea days for lunch and is included.

The juice served in the beverage dispensers on Lido is like Hi-C or similar. Not juice.

The MDR is where the good included food is served on Carnival. Including juice, you can still get bacon and real (at least I think it's real, probably Tropicana but still) orange juice there.

The buffet is where you eat if you just need to eat. I'm sure it varies from ship to ship and even cruise to cruise but over the past year or so, the food on the Lido buffet on Carnival has seriously nosedived.

I haven't been on the Magic yet but am going on her in August and have done some research.  So here's what I can share based on that and my experience on other Carnival ships:

Specialty Coffee Card - no; regular coffee is free but specialty coffees are additional and like typical cafe prices.  However if you have CHEERS!, specialty coffees are included.

Elegant Nights - there will be two on your cruise.  The first is typically your second night/first sea day.  The second varies but if I remember right when I did an 8-day Eastern before, it was on the 5th or 6th night. 

Menus - I don't have any for Magic specifically but you can find current menus if you search the boards.

Guys' Burgers - Free always (limited hours)
Guys' Pig & Anchor BBQ - Free always (limited hours)
Cucina del Captiano - Free lunch on sea days and embarkation day; must pay other times but I think it's less than $20pp

Juice - Yes, but as someone said it's more like Hi-C and not true orange juice.

Sushi - I believe there is a Sushi Bar however it's not a full Bonsai Sushi restaurant. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeanandmark said:

We are going on an 8 day Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Magic early next year, and I have a few questions. 

Is there a specialty coffee card you can buy? 

What nights are elegant nights? 

Does anyone have pictures of the menus?

Guy's Burgers, the Italian place, Guy's BBQ place?  I know they are only open for lunch on sea days, but do I have to pay extra? 

Is juice still served in the Lido restaurant at breakfast? 

Any sushi served anywhere on the Magic?

Thanks for any info!

Try this website for current menus 

https://profcruise.com/carnival-menus-2023/

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

The MDR is where the good included food is served on Carnival. Including juice, you can still get bacon and real (at least I think it's real, probably Tropicana but still) orange juice there.

Negative

Just got off Celebration and wife dislike faux orange juice and we were doing Seaday Brunch and they served the funky juice, she asked if they had "other OJ" and was told only the pressed juice drinks for $5and those weren't "OJ only"

8 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

Negative

Just got off Celebration and wife dislike faux orange juice and we were doing Seaday Brunch and they served the funky juice, she asked if they had "other OJ" and was told only the pressed juice drinks for $5and those weren't "OJ only"

Such a shame! The last time I was on Sunshine, September 2022, you could still get orange juice in the MDR for at least sea day brunch. I doubt very seriously it was fresh squeezed but it tasted fine to me, like Tropicana. Not the Donald Duck stuff you mix down with water, I'm pretty sure. The cutbacks are coming too quick even for me to keep up.

The syrup they serve on Lido is disgusting to me. Actually the entire breakfast buffet was disgusting.

Edited by mz-s

The lemonade and juice they serve is drinkable, but not very tasty in my opinion. However...both are way better than what they are serving for their ice tea in the MDR. I've been on several Carnival ships, and apparently they are all using the same nasty ice tea mix. It's definitely not brewed, and about the only way I can stomach it is by adding a little lemonade packet I bring from home. I don't understand why it is they have decent coffee and such horrible tea. I guess if I don't like it, I don't have to drink it...but it'd be nice if they served a better quality tea.