What is Going on With Japan 2023 Sailings?

vancojo

Celebrity no longer lists any Japan sailings for fall 2023 on its website, but has not notified me that my November 5 Souther Japan itinerary has been changed or cancelled.  Are they just delaying announcing cancellations??

Did you have a port-of-call in Russia that has to be changed (like to South Korea)?  That's what happened on my HAL cruise this upcoming Fall.

I was in Japan this past October 2022 when the Japanese Gov't opened the country to foreign visitors.  It was an amazing trip.

Most are fully booked.  Since the Spring of 2020, there have been cancellations, resulting in a lot of people from those - very popular - cruises having "lifted and shifted".  The cruises are still happening, and the new season, beginning with April 21, 2024 was announced fairly recently and those sailings have space. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Edited by omeinv

I have never seen a cruise line remove an entire segment of cruises from their web site because they were full. Not even allowing wait listing?? I hope you are right.  I guess I will try to confirm with the cruise line. 

1 hour ago, vancojo said:

Celebrity no longer lists any Japan sailings for fall 2023 on its website, but has not notified me that my November 5 Souther Japan itinerary has been changed or cancelled.  Are they just delaying announcing cancellations??

The 5 November Southern Japan is 100% sold out.  It has been for a few months.  

We were scheduled on that cruise up until last week when we decided to cancel and do a week in Hawaii instead.

16 hours ago, vancojo said:

I have never seen a cruise line remove an entire segment of cruises from their web site because they were full. Not even allowing wait listing?? I hope you are right.  I guess I will try to confirm with the cruise line. 

I am booked on a sailing that vacillates between sold out and 1 or 2 cabins available. Only when cabins are available does it appear on X's website. When it's sold out it doesn't show up in any searches, it's like it doesn't exist.

• Like 1

This happened recently to our Asia 2025 cruise. The entire season was removed from sale then added back onto the site. Basically they had changed the dates 1 day earlier for all of the sailings. Hopefully will be something similar to this for you. 

22 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Which ship and cruise.   I just looked at Millennium 17, 2023 on an airline site and showing available and rooms.

Ours was November 5th.  I have not checked since we cancelled the cruise and are going to spend a week in Hawaii instead.