LIVE / Navigator OS / Feb. 17 – 21 / 4-day Getaway

HBCcruiser

2 hours ago, dl6996 said:

Hi

I saw your pics of the Cruise Compass. I also saw that one pic of the note from RC that said you had to pull up the compass online or on app. So did you have to ask for the paper copies?

We received the paper copies without asking. My guess is that they will do away with the paper copies eventually. 

Departing the ship was super easy. The port uses facial recognition for those with passports. We were home by 9:00 AM. We really enjoyed this short getaway cruise. The staff were wonderful and we met a lot of fun people onboard. Although it was a sold out cruise it never felt overly crowded. Yes, the pools and hot tubs were packed on sea days, but port on days were rather empty. 

• Thanks 1

One thing I have been meaning to comment on is the issue we had with the Ultimate Dining package (UDP). Prior to cruising we booked Chops for lunch (and paid for it). I knew once onboard they would give us OBC for this charge because we had the UDP. We found out that even though they offered Chops for lunch online, in reality, it was not open for lunch. We moved over to Jamie’s instead. Also, the concierge was supposed to book all of our dining reservations ahead of time as she stated in her email to us. When we got onboard and went to our first restaurant they did not have our reservation. None of our reservations had been booked. Luckily they were able to seat us and booked all our other reservations.

As for the Chops refund, it took several attempts to get the manager of Chops to finally give us the refund. The concierge told us on the first night that our money would be refunded, but by day 3 it still was not refunded. We had to go to the Chops manager and watch him refund it. I’m not sure if the concierge was to blame or the restaurant manager. Lessons learned - check your reservations when you board to make sure everything is set, and check your account daily to make sure everything is correct. 

That is kind of poor service from the concierge. I really dislike being told that something has been booked, or fixed, or corrected and then finding out that nothing has been done. 

Thanks for your review, it was entertaining. 

25 minutes ago, Coralc said:

That is kind of poor service from the concierge. I really dislike being told that something has been booked, or fixed, or corrected and then finding out that nothing has been done. 

Thanks for your review, it was entertaining. 

I agree, very unusual. I always give a very generous tip to our concierge, but not this time. Our cabin attendant got a great one because he was fantastic! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, travel-lynn27 said:

Thanks for the review! I'll be on Navigator in three weeks for 5 nights to Cabo with my family. We are all first time cruisers and super excited! Were the pools heated? My kids are basically fish, so I'm hoping it won't be too cold. 🙂 

Yes they were heated. They load them up with chemicals so make sure they shower afterwards. Cabo is one of our favorite places. Have a great cruise! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Booked with three kids for spring break. Wife is an educator as well so unfortunately we're limited to traveling during the most busiest times but grateful we're able to do so.  You mentioned the ice skating show and Showgirls.

Very much looking forward to the ice skating show. Do we need to make any reservations for shows via the app are they still first come first served on NOTS?

I presume Showgirls is their big production. Did you see it? Thoughts on appropriateness for kids (7-12)?

Lastly, did you dine in the MDR at all? If so, what should we expect? This is cruise #10 for me so I've experienced it all. Just need to know where my expectations for MDR should be, or even Windjammer. 

Thanks!

19 hours ago, jrtmouse said:

Booked with three kids for spring break. Wife is an educator as well so unfortunately we're limited to traveling during the most busiest times but grateful we're able to do so.  You mentioned the ice skating show and Showgirls.

Very much looking forward to the ice skating show. Do we need to make any reservations for shows via the app are they still first come first served on NOTS?

I presume Showgirls is their big production. Did you see it? Thoughts on appropriateness for kids (7-12)?

Lastly, did you dine in the MDR at all? If so, what should we expect? This is cruise #10 for me so I've experienced it all. Just need to know where my expectations for MDR should be, or even Windjammer. 

Thanks!

All shows are reserved onboard through the App. There were always seats available but we went to the later shows. The ice show is spectacular and fine for children. Showgirls is ok (not my fav) but I can’t remember if there were any inappropriate acts. We did not eat in the main dining room so can’t answer that, although I heard good things. The food in the windjammer was good. Typical buffet food but lots of options. Enjoy your cruise!